Ok, I did it

Kelly-AnneH
on 5/30/11 8:08 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I have an appointment with a personal trainer at the Y next Wednesday after my aquasize class. So - I need to find proper shoes before then (I HATE shoe shopping) and some capri length yoga pants, since I expect to be doing some sweating.

The plan is to have her set up a program of resistance training that will help me build some muscle and take off some inches. If the doctors are right I may be stuck with this weight, but I sure don't have to be stuck with this much flab.

The challenge - I can't grip with my left hand, so no free weights. They have lots of machines though, so I'm sure she can figure something out. On the positive side of the ledger, I'm hugely stronger and fitter than I was a year ago - I'm ready for this!

Have any of you had good results with weight/resistance training? I have these scary batflaps and am hoping building some muscle will help somewhat. Also, since the Drs have promised to book me for panni removal in 6 months, I want to replace as much flab with muscle as I possibly can between now and then so the operation will give me maximum benefit.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

newmom35
on 5/31/11 1:57 pm - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 12/19/12
Hi!
Weights will definately help tone things up. Good for you that your going!
The trainer will help you out alot.
 Have fun with it!
Dreena G.
on 6/1/11 1:57 am - Canada
That's awesome

You'll do great :)

I'm so excited to hear that you'll be getting your panni removed.  That's wonderful news, you must be very excited too!

Keep doing what you're doing, great job!

Dreena

Most Active