Inches Lost

Mel_Be_Ti
on 8/10/11 11:09 am
Through the forum I have been reading about pounds lost through weight loss surgery but I am curious as to how quickly people have lost inches.  Did you go down in dress sizes quickly?
Please share your stories. :)  It must be wonderful to shop for clothes without having to worry whether your size will be available, whether something will fit or having to shop at Penningtons only.
mtrai
on 8/10/11 5:00 pm
Hi Mel Be Ti,
Since last fall I have lost quite a few sizes!

From a 22 pants to a size 12-14 at the Bay.
From a size 3X top to a size large at Reitmans.
My bra went from a size 42D to a size 38C. Underwear from a size 2X to a medium at Le Senza.
Swimsuit... from a size 42 to a size 12 bottom and size 14 top tankini at the Bay.
SHOES! even my shoes do not fit. Down from a 9.5 W to 8.5 normal. Rings also too big.

I have gotten rid of 17 bags of clothes in total. It's my charity donation this year! 
Shopping is fun but sometimes not entirely easy... it is a bit emotional in one sense and I found it anxious to know where to go to buy things once things in Addition Elle stopped fitting.

I 'm in a stall, a long one right now so good for me to focus on sizes. Weight has been the same for a month but down half a size.

Good luck! You have lots to look forward to.
~mtrai

Surgery VSG Oct.8 2010. 23pds lost pre-op. I am 5'6" tall. Feeling amazing!      
Mel_Be_Ti
on 8/14/11 3:05 pm
Thank you.   Wow 17 bags of clothing.  Congratulations!  That is great that you lost in shoe size as well. It must be nice to not have to search for wide sized shoes. 
Silk911
on 8/11/11 2:12 am
Hi there,

Wow... I've lost a lot of dress sizes....

-Pants and Blouses were 6X or size 32/34 NOW both are a size 14/16
-Shoes were size 9W NOW are Normal 8
-Bra was 52FF NOW it's 38DD
-Rings were size 9 NOW size 6.5

It took me a little more than two years to loose all of my extra weight... but I can tell you that it was the absolute best journey I've ever taken.

I would go through some short stalls and some long stalls.... but I quickly learned not to hate the stalls.... they were the time that my body lost inches instead of pounds.... toward the end of a stall, I would take my measurements and sure enough inches were down...

It's like a new me!!!

Melody

Mel_Be_Ti
on 8/14/11 3:07 pm
Melody that is awesome. I am currently a 5x- 6x depending on the cut.  I would love to go down to a size 14/16.  You must be so proud. Congrats!
sheilapinkney
on 8/12/11 1:48 am - Calgary, Canada
Hi Mel,

Since November 30, I have lost quite a few inches as well. 

I went from a size 28  pants to a size 20/22.  I am not sure what size dress I wear because I normally do not wear dresses.  My top sizes went from a 4x down to a 1 or 2 X, only because I like them a little loose.  I have not shopped for new bras yet, so I am waiting to see how that goes.  And my underwear went from a 5x to about a 2x.  

So I have reduced quite abit and most of that was from the pre-op diet.  I have not really measured since my surgery on July 27.  I will soon though.

Sheila

Surgery: July 27  Surgery Weight: 245   Current Weight: 137 Total weight lost: 1112lbs
   AT GOAL!  WOOHOO!!!    

Mel_Be_Ti
on 8/14/11 3:11 pm
Sheila, that is wonderful that your inches lost have been presurgery....imagine what it is going to be like now! Wow.  You did such a great job.  Shopping for bras...hmmm that is the one area I don't want to go down in except for maybe band size. lol
Most Active