Moving right along...

moxy 809
on 8/11/11 11:31 am
My appointment with Dr. Davey went very well.  I really like him and he made me feel very comfortable.  He told me straight up that he though RnY was the best choice due to the diabetes but that I would still do very well with the sleeve.  After a long talk he approved me for the sleeve!  Then the nurse came in with a surgery consent form for me to sign and I must admit I felt a tiny bit of panic.  Like this is finally going to happen and its no longer just something I've been working towards for the last 2.5 years.  I'm not having second thoughts it just finally feels real to me.  I had the barium swallow and chest x-ray yesterday.  The barium swallow was way worse than I remembered.  I have classes booked for sept and oct so I guess other than that I just have more waiting to do...but hopefully not too much!
Keelan
on 8/11/11 1:02 pm
Congrats, how exciting. I remember feeling like I was signing my life away and now I realaized I made the best choice one could ever make. I'm almost a year out and I sometimes wonder where the time went.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

Gizzys
on 8/12/11 1:45 am - Canada
I totally understand how you feel.  I am feeling the same thing now that my date is only two and a half months away.  It just suddenly all becomes too real.

Giselle

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

Tige-Girl
on 8/15/11 1:16 pm - Canada
I am so happy and excited for you!!! Keep your posts coming so I can cheer for you!!!!

Most Active