Cold, Colder, Coldest

Silk911
on 8/18/11 7:15 am
Hey Everybody,

I hope I'm not alone in this but damn! it's cold!!

Dropping so much weight has taken away my inner insulation and I"m having a heck of a time getting accustomed to it.

Usually by this time of year, I'm sweating my buns off and trying to figure out how much I could take off without being indecent. Now, I'm scrambling, trying to find enough to keep warm.

It's been a very cold summer for us. It's only hit 31 degrees for two days here and that seems to be my new comfort zone between 28 and 30 degrees or so... (that was heaven!). It just seems that I'm cold all the time.

Anyone else experience this?

Don't get me wrong.... I certainly don't miss sweating all the time but being this cold is just as bad... my hubby won't let me touch him anymore until I run my hands under ho****er... lol... the baby... lol..

Melody

Keelan
on 8/18/11 12:44 pm
I'm Happy to say that you are not alone. I usually love the cooler days in summers past due to not being able to tolerate the heat but this summer I've been wearing hoddies and jean for the most part. There have even been a couple of nights when I've been so chilled that I've taken a warm magic bag to bed..lol..I know it sounds crazy but i was so cold I was shivering so whats a girl to do. Hubby thinks I'm crazy, I guess I can't blame him.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

Mykmini
on 8/18/11 1:09 pm
RNY on 03/15/12
 My friend who is now almost 18months out and 200lbs down said winter was horrific! She wore 2 winter coats, 1 that fit and her old large one over top as well as a sweater and a tshirt and still said she was cold. You are definitely not alone!

I am looking forward to losing the night sweats in the summer, but not looking forward to being cold all.the.time!
Referral Date- Feb. 3, 2011  1st consultation booked- May 2011
Approved for surgery-Oct 2011
Surgery Date- March 15, 2012

Hw-321 Cw-305.8

kriskj
on 8/22/11 5:36 am - Canada
I also am FREEZING............ its plus 26 today and my feet are cold haha!! I use 2 duvets at night and this past week camping i was wearing mutiple sweaters to stay warm.... weird turn of events, i have always been hot!!!!
   Since Nov '10        Since Surgery
missingmojo2005
on 8/24/11 10:32 am - Calgary, Canada
RNY on 09/20/12
I'm always cooking, so when i get to that stage, maybe it will be something I'll enjoy.  i have my own separate fan at work. all the other girls in the office freeze all the time and i end up sweating.  i'll probably be eating my own words as well down the line, but that's how i feel at the moment.
Silk911
on 8/25/11 2:14 am
LOL....

I thought the same as you.... It would be 'heaven' not to be so hot and sweaty all the time... and believe me IT IS!!!!!

But then the flip side becomes true.... I'm cold all the time... If I don't have a sweater or a hoodie then I'm just damn cold... lol.. I'm beginning to absolutely HATE air conditioning...

In the Past, I would do almost anything to get into air conditioning.. now I avoid it as much as possible... lol... such a topsy turvy world we create for ourselves... lol..

I absolutely LOVE cooking (not that I didn't before, but now I enjoy the warmth). I'm cooking all the time... lol..

I started doing my baking and canning last week... We have our 25th Anniversary Party next week so I'm preparing a meal for 30 people.... I LOVE It...

Doing a deep fried turkey, BBQ roast beef and a lovely ham.... and all the summer trimmings... I'm even making dessert... lol..

I can only hope that once my body gets accustomed to it.... it will get better... for now, it's warm slippers and a warm hoodie...

Melody

bethy30
on 8/30/11 11:27 am - Canada
Same here, I have a heater at work on all the time and of course my desk is under the biggest air condition fan in the whole office I hate AC now as well. Two of the other ladies are heavier and they have the ac on all the time. I usually have ice cold fingers all the time and I hate it.

I did my canning this past week and I found it comfortable in the house while my family found it hot. LOL it is funny how this goes. But I think i would take the cold over heat.

Seeing I only eat half a cup at suppers I dont have the urge to cook anymore. That does suck cause my family suffers but we get by.

Beth
  HW 310lbs, SW 276, CW 160 and holding

Most Active