Yeah! I finally have an appt.

newmom35
on 8/31/11 2:06 pm - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 12/19/12
Its just my first consultation appointment, but i'm so excited!  Next Wed. in Red Deer! Anybody else going to be there at that time?
I think I have to start the "1 cup diet" after that appt. I'm not sure yet because I haven't received my info package. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for the diet.
My consult is with Dr. Gregg. Has anybody else had him?

Thanks to everybody for sharing their stories!
Christina P.
on 9/1/11 10:21 am - Canada
Congrats!!!  That is very exciting for you :)  I have never heard of Dr. Gregg, but that doesn't mean anything.. lol 

Keep us updated on your progress :)  I have surgery on Wednesday coming up.. :)

Take Care,
Christina

SURGERY Booked :  September 7, 2011
newmom35
on 9/1/11 1:57 pm - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 12/19/12
Thanks Christina. I'll be sending good thoughts to you on Wednesday then!
All the best and let us know how your doing after.
sheilapinkney
on 9/4/11 3:05 am - Calgary, Canada
Congratulations.   I remember when they told me about my first appointment, I could hardly stand the wait. 

Dr. Gregg is a new surgeon Dr. Farries has taken on to help with his program.  I think I met him at my first consultation, but I can't remember him all that well as it was the one and only meeting.  Dr. Farries was my surgeon. 

Yes, the moment you step out of the appointment you will be on your one cup diet.  The more you lose, the more it shows them you are serious in this life style change and to do whatever you have to in order to achieve your goal.  The diet does work, and if you lose what they want you to lose, you won't have to go on a liquid diet before surgery.  I lose something like 45 pounds prior to surgery so I had no special liquid diet before surgery.

Well, it is to bad your appointment is on Wed, I am going to be in Red Deer for my post op follow up on Tuesday morning around 9am.    I am assuming my next appt will be 3 months from then. 

Good luck and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. 

Sheila

Surgery: July 27  Surgery Weight: 245   Current Weight: 137 Total weight lost: 1112lbs
   AT GOAL!  WOOHOO!!!    

newmom35
on 9/5/11 11:23 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 12/19/12
To bad I'll miss you by one day. I hope your check goes good tommorrow! I will definately strive to lose enough on my diet so I don't have to do the liquid diet like you. Thanks for the good advice!

I'll let you know how I do on my diet!
Lisa
Mykmini
on 9/5/11 12:07 pm
RNY on 03/15/12
 Yay for the first appointment! I dont go back till the 15th so I wont be seeing you
Referral Date- Feb. 3, 2011  1st consultation booked- May 2011
Approved for surgery-Oct 2011
Surgery Date- March 15, 2012

Hw-321 Cw-305.8

kriskj
on 9/6/11 5:48 am - Canada
Congrats on your first appointment!! and just to clarify.... Dr Gregg isnt a 'new' surgeon, he's been a general surgeon for a few years but he has recently just took on this new specialty within the clinic.
Good luck to you and keep us updated on your progress!
I am 5 months post op and loving life!!!
   Since Nov '10        Since Surgery
newmom35
on 9/6/11 6:00 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 12/19/12
Thanks Kriskj! Wow your doing awesome!! I'm so happy for you!
Yes I will definatley keep every one  posted!
(deactivated member)
on 9/6/11 11:03 am
Is this your first consultation appointment?  I was referred on May 3, 2011 and still have not heard a word.  I called early to make sure I got on the waiting list but am getting worried that I am not going to get in.  I'm probably stressed for nothing.  It was a long thinking about it process before I decided to go this root and now that I've made the choice I just want to get going on it.
newmom35
on 9/6/11 2:26 pm - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 12/19/12
@jojones...I totally understand how you feel. Your post sounds almost exactly like one I posted a few months ago.  But I wouldn't worry. Do you know what number you are on their list?
I think they are about half way through calling people for a consultation appt. ( another girl, who is also waiting, called them last week and thats what they said )
I heard from others that they are very good surgeons.
If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'm still a newbie but the other people on this site are AWESOME! and very helpful!

Surgery Dec. 19/12
HW - 348lbs
   SW 316lbs               

Most Active