Surgery Date

lmfgrp
on 9/17/11 2:32 pm - Canada
Well., 2 weeks ago I was asking how long I would have to wait, don't have to wait any longer.  Last Thursday I got the call....scary part is that it is on the 28th of September.. yep 10 days a way, now I am on the liquid diet, hating it, but doing it, and feeling like I am going to loose my mind, but every day it will get easier.  Now trying to get things in place, child care, food, and groceries etc.  Not to mention work.....craziness!
Dreena G.
on 9/18/11 6:10 am - Canada

Awesome!  Congratulations :)

Keep us posted.

Dreena

Tige-Girl
on 9/18/11 11:16 am - Canada
How long was it between your appt. with your surgeon and "The Call"???? I see Dr. Birch tomorrow and was anticipating not having surgery (VSG****il the new year. It would be great if it wasn't so long!!! Good, luck and keep us all posted. We're cheering for you!! Cheers, Wendy 
lmfgrp
on 9/18/11 11:55 am - Canada
Wendy, I started the program in October of 2010 and saw Dr. Karmali for the first time in June, then had my swollow test in July.  I just did my pre and post operation courses last month and was told it would be 3-6 months before I would get a call with a date.  Out of the blue September 16 the called me and told me they had a cancellation on the 28th and did I want it.  I jumped at it, rather than waiting to see and gettting a December date which is hell for me with 3 birthdays and Christmas.  So I jumped at it.  It happened way faster than I expected and caught me by suprise. So don't get frustrated I know I was stressed cause I didn't know when they would call when surgery was, but that is all over now!!  9 more days!!!
Tige-Girl
on 9/19/11 7:28 am - Canada
Thanks for the encouragement!!! I started the program in March 2009 but the classes got delayed because of H1N1, staff shortages etc. I saw Dr. Birch's "Fellow" this morning (Resident sort of) and am booked for pre-op class THIS Friday, Swallow test Oct. 11th, then wait for the pre-op admission call. I was told my surgery will be end of Oct/early Nov !!!!!! Wholly Smokes, when things go fast they fly!!!Good luck on the 28th!! I look forward to hearing about your experience and FAST, uneventful recovery..... 
Keelan
on 9/18/11 11:33 pm
Yay, congrats. I too had a cancellation call and had 5 days notice. Everything happened so fast that I didn't have time to fret or get nervous.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

deedee123
on 9/19/11 12:13 am - Canada
That is so awesome!  Take advantage of the limited time that you have before you go in and just keep thinking positive.  You will do great!

Referral October 2008 - lost    1st Clinic visit Nov 2010  VSG September 13, 2011  
Weight lost from 1st clinic visit to surgery 100lbs   Goal - 160-180 (I think)
lmfgrp
on 9/20/11 9:06 am - Canada
Had an awful 2 days on the liquid diet, have been in the bathroom mostly.  Stomach is so upset and cramping, thinking I am having issues with Glucerna, so I called the diatician today, she called me back and talked to me and told me she would call me back this afternoon.  She must have gotten busy so she didn't call back.  Not sure what I am supposed to do, think I will suffer through another night of Glucerna and hope she calls me back tomorrow.
(deactivated member)
on 9/20/11 10:54 am - Edmonton, Canada
Congrats !!!

You will be so happy with your decision, I know I have never looked back and am haivng so much fun helping those who have been struggling.    check out my site   www.weightlossandbeyond.ca

Most Active