Glucerna diet

lmfgrp
on 9/18/11 1:28 pm - Canada
did anyone else experience diarhea and extreme gas pain during their 2 week Glucerna Diet?  After day 3 I could not leave my home, had to stay close to the bathroom, same on day 4.  Not sure if this is normal.
Keelan
on 9/18/11 11:38 pm
I didn't have to do the pre liquid diet but I remember reading here on the forums that alot of people did experience diarrhea, kinda like liquid in and then liquids out.  After surgery I had diarrhea really bad for about 10 or so days, and my Nut said the same thing liquids in liquids out. Hope it gets better for you cause the next week is gonna be super busy for you.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

hobo998
on 9/20/11 10:12 am - Canada
yes.....it was terrible...the most disgusting fowlist part of my WLS journey. I stoped the "liquid diet" at day 3 and went back to my own pre-op diet.....lost 30lbs in the 6 weeks before surgery. I did tell the clinic (NUT) that i was stopping the liquid diet and they agreed if I was on a 5lb/week loss that I didn,t need it. I did have some minor issues with diarhea a few days after surgery but nothing to compare with those "3 days of hell"

moxy 809
on 9/20/11 11:26 am
I'm still waiting for a surgery date but I am getting more and more scared of having to do this Glucerna diet.  Yikes!
Tige-Girl
on 9/20/11 1:06 pm - Canada
Not everyone has to go on the liquid diet. Not sure why? Maybe it depends on your surgeon. I go to my pre-op class this Friday. My surgeon is Dr. Birch. Maybe I'll find out there why some pts. do and some don't. I feel fortunate after reading about the liquid diet that I don't have to do it!!! Dodged a bullet there!!!
Most Active