3 days out of surgery

lmfgrp
on 10/1/11 5:06 am - Canada
Well it is three days out of surgery and so much to process.  First of all the admitting process was great had my BFF with me and she was amazing as usual.  Had a melt down in the surgey room, wondered how I got there, reminded myself that I ate myself into surgery, most humiliating moment of my life, cried, and then went to sleep.  Woke up and hated myself even more, cause now I was in pain and miserable.  Royal Alex had a great mixture of nurses some good some bad and some down right awful, room mate was awful, complained about everything from the trays the food was surved on to the light switches......now all that being said at day 3 I am feeling better and do not regret my decision, just more appreciative of being at home with room mates that love me and are supporting me.  I am learning my body and learning to work around the ouches and pulls.  Weird for me not wanting to eat and having to force myself to eat something.  Most appreciative of having a second chance at my life, to do it right, not everyone gets that chance, not everyone wants that chance.  I have been blessed with friends that have been down this road and have come out healthier and happier so I have support, information, and inspiration to focus on.......thank you Leanne and Sandy.  Overall it is good, with a few bad moments, and I still wouldn't change a thing.......
jojo55
on 10/1/11 5:41 am - Canada
My surgery was at the Alex on Sept. 27 so I am 1 day ahead of you. Think I may actually have seen you walking the halls at the same time as me. I went in hoping for a gastric bypass but because of a lot of scar tissue ended up with a sleeve. I agree my hospital stay was both good and bad. Had some excellent nurses and a couple who were clueless. Biggest complaint was no sleep. They were in the room every 30 min or so all night . Don't know why they couldn't check vitals, blood sugar, drains, and incisions all in one visit! Kept leaving the lights on. Also the guy who yelled help me all night and was ignored and the man with the awful hicups were a bit disturbing!  I am also lucky to have a great support system. My husband and daughters have been encouraging me every step of the way.

The pain is getting better every day and haven't had to take painkillers since I got home. Having a real hard time getting all my liquids in and not even close to protein requirements but doing my best.

I too feel blessed to have this chance to change my life for the better and am going to work this sleeve all I can! Good luck with your journey and I  will see you on the loser's bench!

Jo Jo
newmom35
on 10/1/11 10:05 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 12/19/12
I'm glad your both home safe and sound and hope you have a speedy recovery!!

Surgery Dec. 19/12
HW - 348lbs
   SW 316lbs               

Keelan
on 10/2/11 10:30 am
Welcome to the Loser's bench. Hang on tight cause you are in for the best ride of your life. I am also so blessed to have been given a second chance at living a happy, healthy life and at a year out I keep saying to myself I wish I had done this 10 years ago. I feel so good about life, myself and my health.
I wish you all the best and look forward to sharing your journey with you.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

shonahb
on 10/4/11 6:47 am - Canada
Hi there had surgery on Sept 7th my exeperience was not too good at the RAH either but I am glad to be on this side of the journey now.  The only thing is I am struggling abit with tolerating anything but soup, milk and water and I am almost a month out. When can I expect to feel normal again?  I am so tired I mean tired sleep alot tired?  Just a illtle woried not sure what I should expect here. Good luck to you all .  Shona
Shona's journey
Most Active