My surgery date is...

moxy 809
on 11/7/11 12:24 pm
Nov 30th!!  When I finally got in touch with Lorraine she said my surgery would likely by in January because Dr Davey had been on vacation for a little while.  So I was very happy to get a date this month.  I do have to start the glucerna liquid diet though.  Not looking forward to that.  So......is it too soon to start to feel anxious about surgery day??
kellie_calgary
on 11/7/11 5:53 pm - Calgary, Canada
Congrats! I know this must be exciting for you. How long have you been in the program? When did you first get your referal?
moxy 809
on 11/8/11 4:01 am
Thanks Kellie, I am exicted.  I was referred to the Edmonton weight wise program in May2009 and waited until Jan 2011 for my first appointment.  I have heard that the wait to get in to the program is not as long these days but the referral reqirements have changed.  I know you live far away but it could be worth checking in to.  Its a great program.  I travelled just over 2 hours one way to get to all of my appointments but it will all be worth while in the end.

http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/services.asp?pid=service&rid=1008784
newmom35
on 11/8/11 9:01 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 12/19/12
Congratulations!! How exciting!
Of course you can be nervous! Im at least a year to year and a half away from surgery and I'm nervous now! LOL
Wishing you all the best!

Surgery Dec. 19/12
HW - 348lbs
   SW 316lbs               

Gizzys
on 11/9/11 1:24 am - Canada
Congrats on your date.  I am just a week and a half out of surgery and doing okay.  The time will fly and before you know it, your surgery will be here.  You will do great!

Giselle

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

Most Active