Update!

sheilapinkney
on 11/8/11 1:47 am - Calgary, Canada

Hi everyone!

I thought I would give a little update as to how I am doing since surgery. 

I went into surgery weighing 245lbs.  AS of today I weigh 190lbs.  That is a loss of 55lbs. 
When I went to my first consult I weigh 291lbs so that means I have lost 101lbs from the very beginning of my journey.  WooHoo!  I am now no longer considered diabetic (so no pills) and I no longer have high cholesterol (no more meds).  I was able to accomplish this in 2 1/2 months post op.  My family doc also lowered the dosage  of my synthroid.  I don't know if that is related to the weight loss or not, but I will take it as a victory.

I just returned from a week holiday in the Dominican Republic and had a blast.  My husband and I went on an ATV tour as well as a Zipline tour.  Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be able to do the zipline due to my weight in the past, but I got right up there and did it and had so much fun.

We were so proud when we were done!

I hope everyone is doing great and I wish you all luck on your personal journeys.

Sheila

Surgery: July 27  Surgery Weight: 245   Current Weight: 137 Total weight lost: 1112lbs
   AT GOAL!  WOOHOO!!!    

newmom35
on 11/8/11 8:39 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 12/19/12
Yeah!!!  Way to go Sheila!
Your such an inspiration and so incredibly helpful to everyone. You look very happy!

Thanks for your support!

Surgery Dec. 19/12
HW - 348lbs
   SW 316lbs               

sheilapinkney
on 11/8/11 10:50 pm - Calgary, Canada

Thanks!  It has been an amazing ride so far.  Can't wait to see what new is about to come my way. 

How are you doing on the 1 cup diet?  Getting easier?

Sheila

Surgery: July 27  Surgery Weight: 245   Current Weight: 137 Total weight lost: 1112lbs
   AT GOAL!  WOOHOO!!!    

Gizzys
on 11/9/11 1:21 am - Canada
Sounds like you had a very fun holiday.  You are looking great!

Giselle

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

sheilapinkney
on 11/9/11 1:37 am - Calgary, Canada
Thank you Giselle.

Sheila

AT GOAL!  WOOHOO!!!    

Most Active