Red Deer Clinic Question

Mel_Be_Ti
on 12/17/11 11:20 am
Hello everyone,

I finally got my call this week! I have my first appointment in January for the Red Deer Bariatric Speciality Clinic.  I am so excited that 2012 will begin my weightloss surgery journey.

I received a bunch of forms in the mail and one brochure.  On the brochure it says that I am to arrange blood work prior to my first appointment.  How do I arrange that? I always thought that you had to have signed paperwork from your doctor to bring to the blood lab.  

I plan on calling the clinic on Monday to confirm but I thought I would just ask the forum in the meantime. 

Take Care,

Mel 
Gizzys
on 12/18/11 11:37 pm - Canada
My surgeon's office called me asking for a fax number of the lab I wanted to get my bloodwork done at.  Then they faxed the request to the lab.  When I got there to get the bloodwork done, the lab tech had the paperwork and also sent the results back to my surgeon.  I had my surgury in a city two hours away from the city I live in.

Giselle

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

Nelajoal
on 12/19/11 12:08 am
Hi Mel,

Congrats on getting the call. 

I also had my Dr's office ask where i wanted to have my bloodwork done too, as i live 45 min away from him (Surgeon).  He faxed over the paperwork, and i had my bloodwork done and results were faxed back to him. 

Good luck :)

Lana 

newmom35
on 12/19/11 1:44 pm - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 12/19/12
Yeah! Congrats on starting the program. I'm in the Red Deer program too. When I recieved the forms I just took them to the lab closest to me.  ( I think it was a DYNA-CARE)??
Just make sure you write the Dr.'s name on it, whomever you are seeing, and that it goes to the RED DEER hospital and the lab should be able to look up where it goes. Thats what I did.
Good Luck! 

Surgery Dec. 19/12
HW - 348lbs
   SW 316lbs               

Mel_Be_Ti
on 12/21/11 9:08 am
Thank you everyone for replying.  i hope this message doesn't post twice as I just spent the time typing up a reply only to hit the submit button and have the page reload without my message.

Thanks for the information.  I have been so busy this holiday season that I hope I can get the blood work done before my appointment. I have to. :)

I have been hoping since the summer to get in this program.  It will be the start of my new life.  What a great time to start - the new year.  I am nervous, excited and a little scared.  It has been such a hard 2011 that this is the best news to end my year. 

I worry about the one cup diet, feeling hungry, dizzy, lightheaded.  I really want the help.  I just hope I have the strength.

Thanks everyone for the support and info.  It is much appreciated.

Mel
Mel_Be_Ti
on 12/21/11 8:59 am
Mel_Be_Ti
on 1/6/12 5:39 am

Hey to new patients in Red Deer,

I found out that they are in the process of changing their brochure that comes in the mail.  You do not need to do blood work prior to your first appointment like the brochure states.  You will get the paperwork for your bloodwork at your first appointment.

Mel

MrsGreness
on 1/11/12 5:03 pm - Canada
Hey Mel, I have my first appointment in January as well. On the 17th. Maybe I will see you there?
MrsGreness
on 1/11/12 11:48 pm - Canada
 O****pt reading. Nope will not see you there. But seeing how we are close to the same time frame if you want to get together for coffee let me know :)
Mel_Be_Ti
on 1/12/12 10:39 am
Hi yes that would be nice.  :)
Most Active