TLC: My 600 lb Life

kellie_calgary
on 1/31/12 11:40 pm - Calgary, Canada
Is anyone else planning on watching this tonight?

Referral Date: Aug 2011
Start of Weight Management Program: Feb 2012
Highest Weight: 420
Current Weight: 413
Mykmini
on 2/1/12 7:06 am
RNY on 03/15/12
 Yup I will PVR it!
Referral Date- Feb. 3, 2011  1st consultation booked- May 2011
Approved for surgery-Oct 2011
Surgery Date- March 15, 2012

Hw-321 Cw-305.8

MrsGreness
on 2/1/12 8:03 am - Canada
 No it's too heart breaking. :(

Keelan
on 2/1/12 8:58 am
I wrote it on my calendar so I wouldn't forget. I can't wait to watch it.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

kellie_calgary
on 2/1/12 1:18 pm - Calgary, Canada
Such an amazing show!
I was so suprised that they did not work with her on the mental aspect of her weight and stuff before they did her surgery!
I am happy that the Calgary program has a dietician and a psychologist to work with you and your issues both with your weight and with food.
I see a lot of similarities with her story and mine. The marriage issues, the issues that led her to rely on food to build a wall of fat around her. I have also had a misscarriage and have PCOS and have had a hard time getting pregnant. My husband and I have put our hopes of making a baby until after the program. I need to make sure that I get myself healthy and my life in order before trying to have another baby.

I can't wait to see next weeks episode!
They got their surgery done in Houston, where I am from!!!
Keelan
on 2/2/12 11:07 am
I agree, such an amazing show. I can't wait for the next episode. I've seen several show where that same doctor has saved lives by doing surgery and also watched one about a young woman named Renee who was his largest patient ever, she survived surgery but later dies in the hospital due to complicatons. He is an amazign ma for even attempting to make these peoples lives worth living.. One of the young guys was shown in the clip of her being a doctor patient liason.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

Rhonda1961
on 2/3/12 12:43 pm, edited 2/3/12 12:45 am - Canada
I watched it and cried and cried....I have and am sure most have the same thoughts as she does. I've lost alot of weight and still feel fat fat fat....all in the mind i guess. I had gastric bypass through Dr. Davey in Bonnyville, and did not have access to the weight wise clihic.

Rhonda

Mel_Be_Ti
on 2/8/12 11:45 am
I watched "Melissa's" story on My 600 lb Life on Monday,   I watched with my partner and he said it opened up his eyes to the surgery.  For me, I bawled my eyes out when she was naked on the table and when she came out of surgery hooked up to everything. I give her so much credit for being vulnerable and showing herself to the cameras.  Personally I am nervous at the thought of my big stomach being out there in front of the hospital staff. It was hard for me to show Dr. Farries my stomach when he examined me a few weeks ago. I know that is an issue I need to get over.  It comes from years of teasing and hiding myself. 

I was surprised that she didn't start a diet before surgery.  I was mad at the husband for not encouraging her. He was feeding her bad foods even after surgery.  I know it is her choice to put it in her mouth but it seemed like he didn't want her to lose the weight.  He wanted her to rely on him. 

I had a hard time watching all the skin surgeries.  Poor woman.

Tonight I will be watching another installment. I think it is a guy this time.
kellie_calgary
on 2/8/12 3:46 pm - Calgary, Canada
I watched Donald's story tonight and it just broke my heart that he gained half of the weight he had lost back, and only 2 years. I really wish they would go more in depth about what sort of physcological help they recieved to deal with their food issues BEFORE the surgery. I am assuming that they did not get much of it since both stories so far, have "relapsed" after surgery.
I am a bit afraid that if these people did get adequate help before the surgery, does that mean that most people "relapse" after surgery and go on food binges?
I think if I got the surgery and then still did these things I would feel even worse than I do now, because at least now there is the hope that surgery will help out with things. After the suregery that is kind of the end of the line right? There is no other real options.

Any thoughts?

Most Active