just home from my first appointment in edmonton

mornings
on 7/17/12 10:20 am - Canada
well i can honestly say   today was a awesome day   such a long drive but one which  given me so much hope ,    i need to   contact  GP for there modules since i live so far from edmonton  ,  i have follow up appointments  in sept  with Dr Kwan  also  a new nurse since the lady i seen today is taking a new job ,  have to also see OT  and the dietitian then  i am waiting for  Vital Aire to  contact me now too  for a sleep apnea test ive asked if there very backed up with surgerys  she has told me   around 6 to 9 months from seeing them today which is not bad  it gives me time to try to lose the 10 % they wish you to lose also to   get thru some modules  when i left the clinic  i just had this wonderful feeling  i now really have the support and help i seeked for a very long time,  the staff are wonderful
Jorsea
on 7/17/12 11:17 am - Canada

You wont be disappointed...the program is fantastic and the staff is great. I only waited about 6 months started on March 21 and surgery is Aug 14. I am certainly not complaining.
The modules are great tools. Also using an app for journalling is so much easier than writing it all down
Keep in touch, I can't wait to see how you do
Rhonda

HW - 270 Consult - 221 SW - ? CW - 187 GW - 125 HT- 5'3"
mornings
on 7/17/12 2:00 pm - Canada
thank you so much for the support  your very lucky  aug 14th is not far  away at all  ,   but this is something i know i need to do  it really is a life changer i need as i dont wish to end up like my parents or grandparents and watching  myself i see me go down there very road as well ,   i believe support is your major key in anything and its ladies like you  or i should say people like you who make  someone like me really  stay and have hope for that  i thank you all   
teenuh
on 7/17/12 11:07 pm - Canada
 Grand Prairie Modules are through the Health unit. And are either held there or across the street at the library

good luck on your journey!

HW:369lbs  SW: 296.4lbs CW: 201lbs GW: 180
Surgery: VSG  Date: January 9, 2013
M1 - 24lbs M2 - 11lbs M3- 13.6lbs M4 -13.4lbs m5 -12lbs m6 -12lbs m7- 7lbs

mornings
on 7/18/12 3:49 am - Canada
thank you  i just found the number also my nurse sent me  there contact via email ,   ive noticed they only have one meeting per week ,  shame it wasnt  like edmonton  you can do one a night there but  its really far for me  to go just for one meeting a night ,   will contact them as i really want to do the modules so i  will understand my mistakes in eating 
MamaKath
on 7/19/12 3:26 am - Banff, Canada
Mornings..what a good morning to know you have had some positive results from your meeting!
August ..wow that is soon! I get the feeling you are really ready for this.
Would you please tell me how long it took you from the first visit to your DR. or the first visit to the Alberta program in Edmonton...it seems once they say 'yes' it really rolls along.
You may be a bit nervous, but once this is over a new healthier life begins for you. Awesome. k
mornings
on 7/19/12 12:34 pm - Canada
thank you Mamakath   i really only  been  3 weeks before i got my call for my appointment   going there  july 17th and now having  4 appointments  for people who will help me  on  sept 8 ....  i was told  by the nurse  usually its  around 6 to 9 months from   visiting the clinic and doing what   they want you to do  usually you move along  faster ,    i was surprised  to see there is  alot of more mature for i do not wish to say older people  seeking help   so   the 56 yr range  i believe doesnt even  matter ,  its your health that matters and how much you can really commit  to  this life style change   ,  i believe you maybe seen a post i  placed for someone who is having there surgery in  aug   i am still on that road  and actually today  i spent my day eating  healthy  and looking forward to tomorrow   ,  you too will have some luck  i have faith  
Most Active