Plastic Surgeons

Shandanni
on 7/22/12 6:31 am - Canada
I am starting my hunt for a plastic surgeon so i may do my research on procedure and cost.I am wondering if any of you fellow WLS folks have either had plastics done ,what kind and by which surgeon ,were they good and if there were any complications.Please any advice and information would be greatly apprciated.
Thank you in advance

Canadian-eh
on 7/25/12 3:46 am - Canada
Hello

Depends where you live.  I live in Edmonton, and I have went to Dr Toy and Dr Davis.  Dr Davis also does Bariatric Surgery..he did my panni.  Dr Toy is a plastic surgeon (who also does pannies but wasn't available at the time I had mine done). Dr Toy has done revision to my pubis, and my right hip, also my inner thighs.

Highly recommend him.  He specializes in bariatric patients.
 Highest/Surgery/Current/1st Goal/2nd Goal
 278          241         163    160          150
ONEDERLAND  September 27, 2009    

ICanada

Shandanni
on 7/25/12 5:16 am - Canada
 Excellent thank you so much .. Definitely gives me a starting point :0)
Canadian-eh
on 7/26/12 2:03 am - Canada
Just so you know...pannies are covered through AHC...anything else usually isn't...the only way other parts of the body can be covered is if you had a panni plus something else...then you only need one anesthesiologist...they are the ones that bring the cost sky high lol.

Breast reduction is AHC covered...so even if you wanted that...a panni and something else...then it would be cheaper.

Hope that helps

ICanada

moza67
on 7/29/12 7:37 am
 Hello everyone,
I was wondering what should I do to start the process and file to AHC?What should I ask the family doctor, my is a jerk and I think that he knows nothing, there is any specific document that he has to complete or what? Then after that what should I do? If anyone knows the step by step procedure to apply at AHC please post it. Thank you in advance
Shandanni
on 8/22/12 1:41 pm - Canada
All you have to do is have your DR refer you to the weightwise clinic if you are in edmonton.After that there is a process that the weightwise staff will lead you through ...your DR may also start you on the required moduals you need to complete .As far as AHC ...you are covered automatically if you are a permanent resident.There is no hidden cost .

hope this helps
Have a great day

Canadian-eh
on 7/26/12 2:04 am - Canada
Oh also...

Revisions I had to the panni (publis and hip) were also covered under AHC...becuase they were a revision to the panni... ;)

ICanada

Shandanni
on 7/26/12 3:30 am - Canada
 That's great to know .. Does the surgeon tell you that or they keep that info out ?
Kelly-AnneH
on 8/22/12 9:07 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I was under he impression AHC covers panniculectomy, mons lift and breast reduction. Am I misinformed?

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Coopers_mom
on 8/24/12 7:13 pm - Canada

Mons lift isn't covered, but it kinda goes hand-in-hand with the panni.  As they are removing the skin, they are also lifting the mons area.  Some plastic surgeons may not do that, though.  Dr. Toy lifted mine and I had lipo to that area as well.

FDL Abdominoplasty, Monsplasty, MR, Lipo to Flanks: August 18, 2011

Most Active