just noticing how quiet its been

mornings
on 7/27/12 4:26 pm - Canada
wanted to say hello and i hope everyone is having a great weekend  , for those who had surgery  i hope your all doing  fine ive been reading some older posts and  searching for some low cal  recipes  i think sometimes eatting the same thing every day becomes very  blah ,   so  im trying  to peek around all the weight wise sites just to  get some ideas ,    none the less i just wanted to say hello to Everyone ,   hope everyone is great  and has a awesome weekend

Kelly-AnneH
on 7/28/12 9:30 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
This is a very quiet forum. The forums dedicated to the various surgeries tend to have a lot more action, such as http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VSG/ which is where I tend to post most.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

mornings
on 7/28/12 11:09 am - Canada
awe i didnt know that ,    your awesome thank you so much ,  i guess im  just a people person  i love reading  and knowning  how people get along ,   im so hoping this is not too long of a road for me ,  i know im ready for this have been since  back home ,   but im sure there is tons of people head of me  ,,,,   so reading kinda keeps my hopes up i think ,    edmonton  weight wise is great   i go back for my second   appointment  sept 7th ,  im so hoping  to get modules done at least some of them 
Kelly-AnneH
on 7/28/12 12:16 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Do you know which surgery you want? If not, it's worth your while to read on the forums for each one. Talking to people who've had the different surgeries will help you to know which one would fit you best.

I have eaten a really healthy diet for years, BUT had a large appetite and could put a fair amount away at a sitting. I knew that I needed help for both my insatiable appetite and my volume eating, but wanted the option of having a bite or 2 of a grandchild's birthday cake down the road. I HATE throwing up and didn't like the idea of long term malabsorption of nutrients or being tied to a clinic for fills and unfills for the rest of my life.

All of those things together made the sleeve the perfect choice for me. I LOVE not having endless, grinding hunger and being comfortably full for a few hours with very small portions. I'm only a month out and am able to eat pretty much anything I want in small portions. For instance, I've already eaten the 75 grams of protein I need for today, so my evening snack is a cup of fresh blueberries. Absolutely delicious and I'm comfortably full. Life is pretty darned great.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

mornings
on 7/28/12 1:55 pm - Canada
I have yes  actually  i was going for the sleeve then did some reading and  thought perhaps  the rny  for long term for me perhaps ,   i was a gosh  aweful eatter , skipped meals like crazy  even seen me just eatting once a day ,  was a bad chain smoker for many years  about 2 packs a day  ,,    i drank soda  about 4 liters  per day and was always hungry  ,  i currently weight 251  which  i am only 5"2  thats so bad ,  im a diabetic   type 2  ,,   i  have high blood sugar ,  high blood pressure the whole nine yards  ,,    so   i decided this time  i need to  really  stop  and  become healthy  ,   my eatting become more and more worse ,,,,,,  i finally  went cold turkey in march 15 from smoking ,  i amazed myself ...... i dont drink soda anymore ,  i actually eat my 3 meals a day and  i learned very fast how to balance them with each food group ,  i  do my  steps and chart them and well i read  lots from this site   as well ,    i think seeing is truely believing and im at the point where i get excited seeing others weight loss ,    i have to do this to become more healthy  ,  i really am ready  but im hoping  my second visit with edmonton will bring me some good news and some positive  feedback for the future ,  i am worried to get on a scale till at least i get close to  sept 7  im worried i wont loss enough  as they want you to loss at least 10 percent which is like 25 lbs for me
mornings
on 7/28/12 1:57 pm - Canada
Your doing Great Kelly  also  from all the post i have read  you  are such a positive lady which is  alot of help not only to yourself but to others ,   its great to see  ladies like you help people like myself who is just starting there  road in hopes for surgery  to 
Most Active