In the last 27 days....

missyshy
on 10/16/12 6:20 am - Canada
VSG on 09/21/12
 In the last 27 days I've had surgery (sleeve) 
Ive Worked every day since I arrived home, I have shrunk 2 jean sizes, my bra is way to big, I've wrapped a shower towel around myself and it went all the way, ivelearned not to be envious of food others eat, I've eaten 5 times a day, worked out each day, can clip my nails, bent down and reached my toes, been more motivated to get chores done, seatbelts fit, survived thanks giving dinner didn't even have a taste!,  gave up coffee, made my ex husband look twice lol, my mom can't get over the difference, was able to enjoy "relations lol" without worrying or being exhausted! I have shopped with my kids without embarrassment, I've even looked at self in mirror... Naked, wrinkled, saggy and smiled!  I love that today I turned 34 and I feel my age not like I'm a waste of space or time! I can't believe I hesitated to do surgery! Best birthday gift ever! 

1crazy_cat_lady
on 10/16/12 2:48 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
That is fantastic!  Happy birthday to the new you!
Gizzys
on 10/16/12 11:52 pm - Canada
Awesome!  I am SO happy for you.  Have a great birthday!  You deserve it!

Giselle

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

missyshy
on 10/17/12 12:15 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/21/12
 Thank you!! 

Spencerella
on 10/17/12 6:00 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12
 So much accomplished in just 27 days!   I received my sleeve on Monday in Mexico, so am heading home tomorrow.  So encouraged by all you've accomplished.  I think I will start making a list of my own :)

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

(deactivated member)
on 10/19/12 1:36 am - Canada
Missy what an inspiration !!! Happy Birthday and Congrats. I cant wait for that day.  I am so torn on the sleeve or the RNY.  I was hell bent on sleeve but it seems that the Dr. kind of liked the RNY better.  What made you decide sleeve vs rny
missyshy
on 10/19/12 1:49 am - Canada
VSG on 09/21/12
 My only advice is don't think about the weight loss itself,  look at what the post lifestyle will be!  Find what works for you, not what the dr wants because your the one that has to make the changes.  I'm so in love with my sleeve!  I'm happy it's ridiculous how happy I am, I'm smiling every day and I actually like me again and I'm no where near my goal.  This has been the best part!  I thought I was going to be happy when I was back to goal but here I am 224 lbs and I'm do dizzy excited its Like a high!  Ive realized I can't even imagine how great I'm going to feel when I hit goal because I'm already do freaking beyond happy it's mind blowing!  Do I love every day and all the restrictions? Nope! But I'd do it again and again just to feel this way.  Funny my sleeve made me friends with myself,  the weight loss is just an added bonus! Best of luck on your journey! Your going to love it! 

missyshy
on 10/19/12 3:27 am - Canada
VSG on 09/21/12
 Truth be told I never considered rny,  I started wanting a band, then after talking to girls here I chose the sleeve.  For me and only for me rny was not a option at this time as I watched my sister in law struggle after hers. (by no means am I putting it down as I know so many successful woman would praise rny) but for me I felt it was more than I needed. 

m.morgan
on 1/17/13 6:06 am - Canada

Hi, I turned 34 on November 2012

So we are the same age its just that i will have my first appointment with the weight wise program by the end of February, I do wish i could have the same feelings about myself one day as you do.

I am >275 lb my only health problem is the hypertension. I hope i will qualify for the surgery. I have been overweight for ever. I can remember lots of bad memories due to my overweight through out my childhood. I can't wait until i can start this process.

How are doing you now? please post more updates, you are an inspiration. 

missyshy
on 1/17/13 6:39 am - Canada
VSG on 09/21/12

Oh first you have to trust me when I say I didn't really believe my surgery would work, how impossible things seemed.

Ill be 4 months on jan 21st I'm down 88 lbs now! I love that I'm doing this for myself!  It's a challenge and the sleeve is only a tool it keeps me on track but the work is up to you! 

I can't tell you all the best moments I've had ( they do replace even your saddest memories) 

i can run up and down stairs

The dog doesn't lie on me as my hips are boney lol

seatbelts fit

the buckle on seatbelts don't dig into my hips when I'm driving

I always say yes to booths at restaurants 

I have my daughters admiration she loves the new mom

i can fit in a med-large in regular stores

i can shave without being dizzy 

i can paint my toe nails

my boyfriend thinks I'm beautiful ( he always did but nowi believe him)

Keep in touch I know you will do amazing!

Most Active