First surgeon meeting Tuesday in red deer

Tara W.
on 1/28/15 5:28 am - Canada

Hey everyone!  Hope the holidays were good to you!   I'm meeting with my surgeon for the first time on Tuesday.  I was wondering what to expect from this appointment?  Also is there questions you wish you'd asked the surgeon and remembered in the car? ;) I'm trying to come up with a good list of questions.  I'm horrible for not asking any because I do soooo much research in advance.   Let me know!

Sleeved by Dr.Menezes at Red Deer Hospital July 16th 2015

HW 315 SW 262 CW 203-month 1 -27lbs, month 2 -7lbs, month 3 -9lbs, month 4 -8lbs, month 5 -10lbs, Month 6 -0lbs (thanks Christmas), Month 7 -8lbs,

Drummydiesel
on 1/28/15 6:02 am - Canada

Following since I have my meeting in February as well.

bedtime
on 1/28/15 12:17 pm - Cold Lake, Canada

I have my first assessment appointment at the Edm clinic in March.

Tara W.
on 2/2/15 12:53 am - Canada

Good to hear you've heard from them Bedtime!   now you can start you crazy journey!  good luck!

HW 315 SW 262 CW 203-month 1 -27lbs, month 2 -7lbs, month 3 -9lbs, month 4 -8lbs, month 5 -10lbs, Month 6 -0lbs (thanks Christmas), Month 7 -8lbs,

YEGgirl
on 2/3/15 6:30 am - Edmonton, Canada

Hi there!!

When I had my first appointment (Edmonton Weight Wise Clinic) we had a group session with my surgeon and she went over the various procedures in detail, then she answered any questions we had. She then met us each individually and we went over the procedure I had chose again answering more of my questions then I signed a waiver and that was it.

Beckey :)

Tara W.
on 2/3/15 8:31 am - Canada

Well I had my first surgeon meeting. And it went very well.  He was super impressed that I had hit my 10% already and said "I never say this but we should just book you for surgery". Music to my ears!!   So the surgery date will still be about 3 months out and I've got all the hoops to jump through but everything is looking tickity boo! And I got the big yes!  So excited!!

bedtime
on 2/3/15 4:47 pm - Cold Lake, Canada

So happy for you Tara!  Way To Go Girl!!!!

What was your first assessment with weight wise like. Was it a group thing or on your own.

Tara W.
on 2/3/15 10:07 pm - Canada

My first assessment was a one on one with a nurse.  They ask about your whole life history. What you've done what you've tried how you live.  They weigh you and take your blood pressure.   The ladies at the red deer clinic are just sooo lovely.  I'm sure it's the same for Edmonton.   I never felt judged or looked down on.   My nurse actually said "I don't know how to say this that will make you believe this, but it's not your fault, we know that, and we're here to help you".  There was a lot of Kleenex ;).  

YEGgirl
on 2/5/15 5:35 am - Edmonton, Canada

Good for you Tara!!

All the best :)

Most Active