2.5 weeks post surgery. Having a couple issues, but doing well for the most part.

ShellaB
on 6/18/15 5:32 pm

Here I am coming up to 3 weeks post surgery.  I am feeling great. I healed very quickly and very well after my surgery, after the first 24 hours I didn't have much pain at all.

I have followed the doc's orders and have done everything they have asked of me.  I am tolerated crackers, eggs, tuna and a few other foods that you are allowed after the 2nd week. 

Here's my issue.  I am still getting used to this new stomach and how much it can hold and my grasp on the "eating slow" thing is not quite there yet.  I find myself forgetting sometimes to eat much slower and chew chew chew.  I have thrown up about 6 times in the past 2.5 weeks.  Everytime I eat I try to concentrate on eat slowly but that odd time I forget, boy does it come back to haunt me. 

I started my 3 week protein shakes on May 11 and as of today June 18th I am down 47lbs.  I am feeling great but still have a way to go, but I am very determined and confident and it has been a very long time since I said those words and meant them ;-)

Ricky1011
on 8/5/15 12:25 pm - Canada

Good for you keep it up. I have not had mine done yet and still have to get around the eating slow thing. I hope I get it right before the surgery LOL. Or I may be visiting ralph like you did.

Ricky

ShellaB
on 8/5/15 5:24 pm

lol....I still forget and I am 10 weeks out of surgery.  I find myself not wanting to eat anymore and I have to remind myself. It is quite the change from wanting to eat everything in sight to not wanting to eat.  Crazy,  but I love it.

Ricky1011
on 8/6/15 11:35 am - Canada

So do you not want to eat,,,,,,or you just don't have the hunger to eat?

Ricky

ShellaB
on 8/6/15 7:20 pm

I guess I shouldn't say "I don't want to eat", I meant I don't feel hunger to eat very often.  It is strange because a half of banana will last for 4 - 5 hours before I start to feel hunger. I sometimes have to remind myself that I haven't eaten anything in a while. I have noticed that protein is more my friend now than it ever was.  I don't crave carbs AT ALL and I was a total carb lunatic.  I haven't had a slice of bread in about 14 weeks.  Very good for me because bread was my go to food all the time.

Bpayne
on 8/10/15 9:34 am - Canada

HI ShellaB, I was so glad just now to see your post. I just posted one with some concerns about my eating being 7 days post surgery myself. 

I have some questions for you if you don't mind. 

Immediately after surgery did you feel a full feeling in the tummy area where the stomach was pretty much all the time? I have not felt hungry once since surgery and have to force myself to consume anything because it only aggravates and makes worse the already heavy and full feeling I have all the time. I have some concerns because I know I have not consumed more than 2.5 cups of anything on any given day since surgery and most certainly not enough protein. 

I am waiting to hear back from my dietitian who I just left a message for. 

Most Active