Hospital

dberget
on 9/22/15 7:26 am - Cold Lake, Canada

Hello! I live in Cold Lake, AB what would be the nearest location to me for gastric sleeve surgery? and do you have to be referred by your family doctor?

bedtime
on 9/22/15 4:40 pm - Cold Lake, Canada

Hello

I also live in Cold Lake.  For us the closest location for surgery is the Royal Alex Hospital. A referral is needed and the referral form is located here www.albertahealthservices.ca/frm, copy it and take it to your family doctor. All of this is a very long process.  I gave my referral form to my doc in April 2014. Due to the referral not being accepted by the bariatric clinic cause it wasn't filled out correct It was resent and accepted by the clinic in November 2014. I got my first assessment appointment for March 2015.  Then you have appt. with the Internist, Dietetion, Psychologist, Psychiatrist, Bariatric surgery Classes. After doing several appointment with all of them and others I haven't seen you will get signed off by the surgeon.  From this time its about a year till surgery. Weight Wise Education Modules are needed and these are available in Cold Lake/Bonnyville area once a year so contact our health unit to sign up for them,it's 13 classes in total.  If you need any more info and want to chat feel free to message me.

Terry

dberget
on 9/22/15 6:52 pm - Cold Lake, Canada

Not sure how to private message you Terry, if it's even possible.

bedtime
on 10/3/15 1:49 pm - Cold Lake, Canada
Candice1979
on 12/12/15 7:56 pm - Cold Lake, Canada

Hi Terry,

Fellow Cold Lake resident here.  Would you mind if I pm'd you to ask you a few questions?

Most Active