info please

Lannae
on 2/24/06 4:21 am - Canada
Hi everyone,I too am considering the surgery..and reading other posts everyone seems to be very happy about it...so I have a few questions.. 1)do you have ANY regrets?? 2)how much did it cost for you? 3)did any medical cover it and if so wich one? I know sorry about the personal questions,but it could really help,I have also heard about people going to mexico,but then what about the fills,is there a doc that will do fills with out doing the surgery?? okay..lol..I will stop and rest...but I really truly appreciate this..I have just been dieting for too long,and to be honest,I think it is time for me to live life,and enjoy being me again or at least discover who I am... once again thank you sooo much!!
Carolyn W.
on 3/17/06 10:18 am - Edmonton, Canada
My surgery is scheduled for Apr so I can't answer re what things will be like after yet. But in regards to cost....if you qualify than Alberta Health Care will cover the RNY (Roux-en-Y gastric bypass). In Edmonton or with Dr. Davey/Birch you can also have the Gastric Band done under Alberta Health Care - only place where Health Care covers this type of surgery. They are doing a study to see if it will be feasible for other provinces to offer this surgery through their health care as well. For people that go out of country I think they pay out of pocket or through their private health insurance - can't speak to that. Dr. Birch did tell me that the Gastric Banding costs around $20,000 if you had to pay yourself. Carolyn "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me" - Carol Burnett
carloscardenas777
on 4/16/06 3:13 pm - TORONTO, Canada
Get it done for 12 ooo us .... Plus you airtickets and your stay.. Maradonna famous soccer player got it done there.. And also in ecuador is cheaper and they are good at it too.. It cost 8000 us and 5600 for open one.. I'm getting it done there..
Most Active