Anyone else have their surgery cancelled d/t no anaesthetists?

Lori .
on 4/20/06 1:44 pm - Shuswaps, Canada
I just found out my surgery with Dr. Nohr has been cancelled. I had rebooked from March 5 to June 5 because I had started a new job. You can not believe how much I am regretting that now. Dr. Nohr's office left a message that my surgery is now cancelled. I am guessing that a new date will be a long time coming, since elective surgeries all around are going to get pushed back. I'm going to look at an appeal to the BC government to fund me to go to the US, perhaps if there is a number of us who are affected by this, we can pool our research for new options/ surgeons.
BIGD2006
on 4/21/06 2:36 pm - Calgary, Canada
Yes, I called in about something else and Michelle said she was just going to call me . Now she's just the bearer of bad news but you would think they might give us an alternate date or something , especially after waiting so long for this one. June19/06 was my date and I've been waiting 3 years. I need an alternate quick because I actually booked 2 months off this summer for recovery.
Lori .
on 4/22/06 11:53 am - Shuswaps, Canada
I hear you, I also booked 2 months off, and had already paid for my flight to Medicine Hat, and spent three hours crying when I got the news. The message on my phone just said they were putting my name in a file for down the road when they have a space. I was told to call back next week. I think I will and just say that I will fly, hitchhike, drive all night, or do whatever (well, within reason), to take any cancellation that they might have between now and then--whatever then is. My three hours crying was productive though. I downloaded BC medical forms for out of country applications. I don't have a family doc yet in BC, so now I have to get that setup and start working on getting approval. I contacted one place that said the time from insurance approval to an actual date can be within days, and they would coordinate with a family vacation we have planned. I have seen on some posts that there is a possibility of out of pocket expenses, I don't know if that is true or not. I lived in Alberta when I first started this whole process, moving to BC has complicated this mess even more. Lori
Robyn N.
on 4/27/06 11:56 am - Tustin, CA
Well, happy Birthday and congrats on your upcoming rebirth day!! Like all of us in the June 06 class, you are obviously feeling as elated and excited as the rest of us!!
karolkris
on 5/2/06 7:17 am - Columbus, OH
Thank you Robyn...and yes I am S00000000000000 Excited I sometimes can't sleep...wishing you much success in your WLS and journey to a new you! Chris S-J Ohio
T
on 5/1/06 7:44 am - washington c.h., OH
i tried to get ppl posting but no one really responded to my post.... T
Most Active