Looking for a scale that goes past 350#

Larry J.
on 11/30/03 3:27 am - Grand Prairie, TX
Hello, I am haveing WLS Dec 8th. I am looking for a scale that will go to 450-500. I have looked online and even checked out eBay with no luck. I will pay all shipping cost if you have one to sale or evan loan to me. Thank you.
Mary Beth B.
on 12/7/03 12:44 pm - Northfield Center, OH
I am having my surgery Dec. 19th and I have a suggestion. DON'T BUY A SCALE. Why? Well, I have been reading posts on my hospitals message board and all the people who have scales seem to get discouraged because the weight does not seem to come off as fast as they THOUGHT it should. Instead of weighing yourself, take measurements often. Have your picture taken every few weeks and compare them. Watch how your clothes start "falling off". (Hey this literally happened to one of the men on our boards. He was putting groceries in his car and his pants fell down to his ankles. He is less than 6 weeks out of surgery.) So do these things first and then if you really can't stand it, then look for a scale. It really isn't the most needed item. Hope everything goes well tomorrow! Mary Beth
Christine D.
on 1/19/04 1:10 pm - WA
Hi there,, you can do like I have done for years now. I get two scales. One goes up to 350 and the other one goes up to 300 I think. It really don't matter. But what I do is step first on the heavy duty one, and then slowly/carefully step on the other one. Add the two weights together and there ya go! It works perfect. I too was angry because I couldn't find a big enough scale as well. It's a shame not even most doctors have scales that go past 350!
Most Active