please help

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/03 10:53 am - Campobello, SC
I hate to repost this but i posted over the weekend and i know alot of people were out shopping the good sales after thanksgiving and seems i only got 2 responses to my prior post i was hoping a repost would get more responses. I do understand times are hard for alot of people this year but those who can contribute even a item thats only a few dollars would be so appreciated by the recipients so heres my repost below: Christmas is approaching and alot of our troops protecting our land and other lands in the world will not be with their familys at christmas i was speaking to my sister and her hubby stationed in iraq mentioned little things they wish they had like games such as monopoly, card games, checkers, chess, game boys to pass their time when not on duty and things like travel size items , grooming kits, and toiletries tins of cookies, beef jerky, candy (not chocolate) always come in handy or anything else people can think of . Im takin collections for the next two weeks and then any items recieved will be shipped via my brother in law who will then pass them out to his troops and other troops in iraq . I understand financial hard times for alot of people including myself my son is 17 and we already decided the cost for shipping once we get some items donated will be great so we are forgoing our christmas and our gift will be to see that our troops know that people care about them not only during the holidays but always . If anyone can contribute by sending a item or help with shipping please email me for my address, items will need to be shipped soon because mail is taking up to 3 weeks to arrive in iraq even tho i know some of these items may not arrive in time for xmas they could use these anytime and i will send the 1st shipment out as soon as i get them in hopes some items arrive before xmas. Also letters or cards are appreciated .Thanks to all and please keep your thoughts with the men and women protecting us.
Most Active