Help I'm at the end of my rope.

leannwls
on 6/18/06 4:35 pm - North Vancouver, Canada
Hey Guys, So here is another person looking for your help and advice. I'm 24 and have tried every diet in the book. Recently I just spent $2,000 at L.A. Weight Loss and I couldn't even continue because it cost so much. My biggest thing? I eat too much. I eat all the right things just too much of it. And I've been thinking about WLS for a year or two now. I've had a couple of meetings with dr. Woodhead but haven't gone back when he said he wouldn't refer me for out of country. Which made sense, because now I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't get approved. Basically I'm looking for some help. I toyed with the idea of going to Mexico but I can't afford that. And now I hear that there's some new wls surgeons in VGH? And Dr. ADAM MENEGHETTI is one of them? Do you need your GP to refer you? Speaking of GP's, does anyone know one in N. Van that would refer me and is accepting new patients? My old GP is in Delta and I don't know if she would refer me to another doctor. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm at the end of my rope and I need some
skiduo
on 6/23/06 5:26 am - North Vancouver, Canada
jeanieluck0
on 8/19/06 7:07 pm - UK
Hi there - I am in the UK so my info might not be any use to you? But I just had a BIB (Gastric Balloon) put in last week.... and it was pretty mush a "hassel free" routine (in Europe) NOT EASY TO GET DONE IN UK! And more than double the price in the UK... I popped on a 2hour flight to Prague (approx $100 each way) But i could have also popped over to Brussells just as eaily....I paid £1.800 for the proceedure in Prague (I think thats APPROX $3.000 US dollars??? Not 100% sure here) Nobody asks too many questions in Prague & Brussells, they consider it YOUR own personal desicion! (Not the doctors decision) Obviously each individual medical condition MUST be assessed eg Diabetes, Ulcers,. etc) I stayed in a lovely little Hotel in Prague for 3 nights (again about $100 dollars a night) Does thsi help anybody??? I am new to the site so hope I can send this to the clip board ok????
skiduo
on 8/22/06 6:12 am - North Vancouver, Canada
skiduo
on 8/30/06 12:48 am - North Vancouver, Canada
Hi Jeanie, I have not heard from you. Did you get my last letter?. How is it going ?.Dale
LindaD
on 9/14/06 4:27 am - UK
Hi Jeanie,:wave: How are you feeling now? I hope you are well. I am new to this site and looking to have surgery, i just dont know what to have or where? Should I have a Lap Band or Tummy Tuck? Very confused! So, thanks for the information. I am also from the Uk, Would you mind if I asked you a few questions? Can you please tell me the hospital name and do they have a web site? How much was the total cost? Do they provide aftercare info? I hope you don't mind me asking you these questions only you are the first person from the UK I have come across. Many thanks Linda
jeanieluck0
on 9/14/06 5:09 pm - UK
Hi linda, i am almost at my 5th week now... so feeling a lot better.... its a bit of an uncomfortable road initially (NOT terrible though) However I have now lost almost one stone (13 pounds Yipee) I went via a place called bodybeautiful.co.uk - there was also another one in Brussels called European Obesity Care. as to what operation you should do i really dont know Linda as I dont know enough details.... But I personally have one belief (that I personally am going to do) and that is get rid of the weight FIRST then they can take ALL the access flesh off with the knife AFTER! By the way my email address is [email protected]. Where abouts are you in UK? I am presently in isle of Man but always in and out of M/cr as i was born in m/cr and all the family are still there etc., have you looked at the balloon idea? The two websites I gave you above are quite informative... If you fly to prague or brussels to have it done it is HALF the price to the UK.... (You could try BOTH routines for the same price as UK tee1 hee!) Hop this has helped a little.... ask anything you want Linda.... all the best for now Jeanie
ajuliagulia
on 11/8/09 3:18 am
How did your balloon work out for you?  I just had one put in me on Nov. 4th.  I've got a lot of acid indigestion right now.
karenlea
on 1/28/07 7:39 am - Canada
I am brand new to this board, but have some knowledge of WLS. I had very unsuccessful gastric bypass in New Westminster in 1985. My "new " husband of four years had a gastic balloon done by Dr. Woodhead in Delta on July 26. It has been a complete waste of $5000and he is in a very deep depression and feels now that his life is over. I would like to hear from anybody who has had experience with this procedure or with Dr. Woodhead. My husband is on pension and he put the $5000 on a credit card. Please help...I feel that I am going to lose him Karenlea Tsawwassen, B.C.
skiduo
on 1/31/07 8:49 am - North Vancouver, Canada
Most Active