First post.. not the first cry for help.

Miraluia
on 8/9/06 7:21 am - Ferndale, WA
Hello I am new to Canada, finaly traversing the medical paperwork to get ONTO BC med so I realy am just a beginer. I am a mom of two I am supra Morbidly Obese at 5'6" and 520 lbs. I have been reading about surgery for many years but never could get approved while I lived in Washington State. I am hopeing once everything here settles down for me I can manage to be approved for some form of surgery. It is so depressing to be told its a six month wait for consult with a surgeon and then a two year waiting list. I just know Im going to be needing emotional support. I have to do this.. I have two kids entering thier teen years and I am ruining thier chances of a normal life because I know Im not being a good example to them. My dad died a year and a half ago .. and I made a promise to him in the hospital that I would fix my weight. He wanted me to live long and happy and I need to do this for me my kids my husband and my dad.
Dawn1
on 8/9/06 12:58 pm - London, Canada
Hi Kristin I just happened to come across your post...I am from Ontario, adn the wait here is even more than 6 months for most surgeons. A lot of people are going to the states. I went to Michigan to have it done, and waited a month from applying to surgery!! There is options!!! Do your research!!! These boards are full of knowledge!!! Depending on how far you are willing to travel there are options!! IF money is an issue, which it is for a lot of us, there is an organization called Hope Air, I believe that it is though Air Canada, they will pay for your airfare for surgery!! Look in to every possibility! Take charge of your life, It will only get better! God Bless Dawnya
Miraluia
on 8/10/06 5:42 am - Ferndale, WA
I find it is the funniest of all things.. I am an american .. lived int he states my whole life.. Married a Canadian and am not having to look into going back to the states for medical treatment.. while I lived there they wouldnt ok my surgery .. the wait list for my medical plan was over three years long and I was on it. Now its such a short time.. IF you can pay cash .. /sigh I get so sick of the importance money has in this world. Its easy to get good service .. IF you can pay for it.. what happened to basic respect for fellow mankind? BAH is there a rant channel? LOL
Most Active