waitlist for surgery

Sim W.
on 9/11/06 11:14 am - Vancouver, Canada
Hi everyone, I have'nt heard from anybody on here for a while? I thought I would give everyone an update on things. First, my dietician appt is in 2 days instead of Sept 26th which I am really happy about. They phoned with a cancellation. I checked with Ann and Dr. M ( on the day of the scope which he did) about the pace of the tests. I asked Ann today about having my ultrasound done at the private clinic instead of waiting until Nov 3rd and she said it won't really make a difference and she also said Dr. M would prefer me to go to VGH as there has been problems with private clinics and their imaging. When I asked Dr M. the day of my scope, he said oh, it does not really matter and I should stick to what was scheduled before. My impression is that he is probably not sure yet how he is going to proceed but that since there are only a few of us all together we will all get in within months of each other anyway. I did not want to push this further or come across too aggressive so I said that'e fine. So I will stick to waiting for the ultrasound at VGH which is my last appt and that is the last one I have to do. Maybe a cancellation will happen sooner than that and then I will jump at the opportunity to go sonner than Nov 3rd. Well that's all for now. Everyone keep posting. It would be nice to hear from people and see how things are coming along. If you guys have time please post. Take care, Sim
(deactivated member)
on 9/11/06 11:22 pm - Victoria, Canada
Hi Sim, Good to hear from you. I always get a little tug of excitement when I see that someone has posted here on the BC boards. Most of my lurking on OH is done on the Ontario board and the main message board. I am from Ontario and have been out here in Victoria for approx 12 years. It still amazes me how quickly Ontario people get their surgery done thru OOC. I did ask my doctor about going to Seattle but he felt I was not at that much risk. I would have pressed the matter if I had not found Dr. Meneghetti. I am learning alot about patience at this stage in my life. Have even read a few books about the subject. My focus is on getting the pre testing done and accepting that the end result is not in my control. What is in my control is learning everything I can about why I use food as a coping mechanism and how I can put new, healthier coping tools into my life. It ain't easy but I know I am on the right road. I used to have a belief that I should always take the "easy way" but I now know that just does not apply in many situations. I am contemplating signing up to learn Yoga and I recently saw Hulk Hogan doing Pilates and I wished it was me. Hard to believe I was wishing that I could do that type of exercise. I have added it to my wish list and will patiently wait for an opportunity to make it happen. Well gotta run and make my lunch for work. Take care and thanks for initiating this thread. J. B.
Sim W.
on 9/12/06 12:39 am - Vancouver, Canada
Hi J.B. Yes, I have reading the Ontario posts too and find that they really do help each other. It is so nice to see how much they care and it is one big family. I also found that they get their approval done so fast too and go down to Barix or other places to ge the WLS within months of applying. The US does things much quicker than the Canadians but I find we are more cautious and careful here which suits me fine. I would like to go down to the US before the surgery though and go food shoppping and buy fat free/sugar free products as we will be eating that a lot especially during the first stage of post op. Yoga sounds great, it will relax you too. We will get the surgery really soon, so you will find these few months we wait will go by quickly. I am thinking around November he will start and if the other 2 doctors are ready then it will even be quicker so you will not be waiting long as our list is pretty short right now especially compared to Dr. Amson's list. Well take care and thanks for respondoing so quickly and let's keep posting! We are all in in together and it sure gives me awhen we talk to each other. Sim
Most Active