It might be time to bet on more than one horse

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/06 1:02 pm - Victoria, Canada
Well as Sim says, the news was not good. We could be waiting a long long time for this surgery if we don't start letting the right people know how much we need it. Dr. M told me to write letters to the following people: Janet Davidson, Chief Operating Officer Vancouver Coastal Health Authority Corporate Office 11th Floor, 601 West Broadway Vancouver, BC, V5Z 4C2 Vancouver Coaster Health Authority: Email: [email protected] Her phone number as per their website is 604.875.4285 Dr. M also said to write to: Ida Goodreau President and CEO Vancouver Coastal Health Authority Corporate Office 11th Floor, 601 West Broadway Vancouver, BC, V5Z 4C2 Phone number as per their website is 604.875.4972 and the 3rd person Dr. M said to write to was Dr. Garth Warnock Surgeon in Chief Vancouver General Hospital 855 West 12th Ave Vancouver BC V5Z 1M9 604.875.4111 So I am gonna go thru all the really excellant articles I have saved and put together a great letter to send off to all 3 people. I am also going to find a second horse to bet on. LOL I don't want to go back on Amson's list but I guess I could consider him as horse number 3. I am gonna dig up my MSP OOCountry forms and bring them in to my family doctor. I will pull together some stats from the Ontario board to show how many people are going to the US because of the slow surgical pace there. If necessary, I will appeal the MSP decision based on the Federal Health Care Act...or something like that...gotta find that article....now where did I save that...I have so many files full of WLS stuff it boogles my brain. I will re-iterate what Sim said in her post; when Dr. M finally gets the go ahead to do the surgeries he will start with the patients on the list who have a low BMI because he will need to do everything he can to ensure that the initial patients do well. He told me to write letters and call his office again in January to check on the progress of the surgeries. On a more personal note, I was lucky enought to meet Vicki just before she went in for her appt...thanks for introducing yourself to me Vicki, wish we had had more time to talk. And after my appt was done I got to meet Sim and her mom. We had a great chat in the hosptial coffee shop. I really enjoyed discussing our experiences and I would like to be able to meet more of the people from this board. I would like to put together a few letter templates too but that won't likely happen til this weekend. I have a very full week what with work and being booked up every evening this week. I am tired...it has been a very full day. If anyone has questions pls feel free to ask. take care Janice
Most Active