Hey there everyone

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/06 2:24 pm - Victoria, Canada
Here's a link to locate your MLA: http://www.leg.bc.ca/mla When you get to the site click on MLA Finder and it will give you the option of putting in your postal code. It works great. My family doctor told me he thinks I should write and phone both the MLA and VCH Authority and Dr. Warnock. And he does not think I should put myself back on Dr. Amson's list since the thought of doing that makes me very very upset. I told him how happy one of his patients was because she'd just been given a surgery date after waiting only 4 years. So this weekend I am going to get my letters together and some questions to ask when I call their offices. Okay I have to go to bed now. Hope everyone had a tolerable day. Take Care Janice
Sim W.
on 11/1/06 2:38 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Hi everyone, I have just spent several hours emailing 9 support groups in BC where I have explained what has happened and that we need help and can they please email or write letters. Now, I am going to call another 4 places in BC to talk to the spoke person for these other WLS support groups as they don't have email. I will call them this Friday night or the weekend at the latest as I work tomorrow night and I can't use long distance at work. So far, I have emailed support group leaders in Kootenay, Duncan, Somena, Aldergrove,Oliver, Mission, Kelowna, Northern BC and Kamloops. Next I will phone Powell River, Port Alberni, North Island, Nanaimo and speak to them as they do not have email. This information is on Dr. Amson's website. Take care and keep in touch. I am trying to stay positive. Even though I have already put this out I am using this quote again: Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever does. --Margaret Mead Off to bed now, talk to everyone soon Sim Sim
(deactivated member)
on 11/1/06 10:35 pm - Victoria, Canada
Hi Sim, I love how pro-active you are!!!! I had no idea there were that many support groups out there. It would be fabulous if everyone wrote in. Yesterday I was feeling pretty bummed (victimized) about my chances of ever having wls and was in my doctor's office awfulizing about how long it will be before I have surgery and he, as usual, gave me a great pep talk. He believes that just because they don't have a start date for the surgeries it doesn't mean that it will be years before they do. And he encouraged me to phone and write everyone involved. I left his office feeling much better and am looking forward to composing several letters this weekend as well as questions to ask when I call my MLA. I was wondering about getting a petition going? I will have to mull that one over..logistics etc. Take Care Janice
bman78
on 11/2/06 3:10 pm - Burnaby, Canada
How about an online petition?
Sim W.
on 11/2/06 11:47 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Sure, sounds like a great idea. Between the emails, letters and this we will be noticed!! I'm not sure how to go about do that though. We may have to get in touch with the moderator to ask for help. Any thoughts? By the way, before I forget, Jill Krop lives in my townhouse complex. She works for BCTV is it? as a newscaster. I'm very tempted to go to her and ask how would you like to do a story? Any volunteers who won't mind going on the news? Sim
sharonspence
on 11/3/06 12:07 am - Canada
Hi Sim I would talk to a reporter. Anything to help. Keep me posted Sharon
Most Active