Health Authority Petition

zarah
on 11/11/06 8:50 am - Kelowna, Canada
Hi Everyone, I am hoping everyone will want to participate in a petition for the Health Authority meeting. Everyone who is willing please email me their name, where they live, whether they have had surgery, how long they waited or are currently waiting and or where they had their surgery. I will take this to the meeting myself. Thank you, Sarah
(deactivated member)
on 11/11/06 1:08 pm - Victoria, Canada
I will definately sign the petition. The other thing I was thinking about was that we should contact VCHA asap and have our group put on their agenda for the next open board meeting. That way they will know that we are definately coming. Can't remember who it was that had that open board meeting info. Have you decided what the petition will say yet? Janice
sharonspence
on 11/11/06 1:35 pm - Canada
Hi Janice It was me ( sharon) that found the meeting info. I have been putting in my letters asking all the board members to put WLS on the agenda in Feb/2007 .This is how I sais it I respectively request that you add WLS, to your agenda in Feb/2007. Myself and others will be attending the meeting and would like to talk about it. Thankyou for your time. I look forward to your reply. So we will see what happens now. Everyone that I`m sending a package to will know that I have put in a request for it to be on the agenda. Sharon S
(deactivated member)
on 11/11/06 2:08 pm - Victoria, Canada
Hey thanks Sharon. I am glad you are asking to have Weight Loss Surgery added to their agenda. I hope they confirm that it has been added asap. I would be happy to email them and ask what the procedure is for attending an open board and how long long can we speak and how many of us can speak. Let us know when you get a response. Thanks Janice
zarah
on 11/11/06 2:38 pm - Kelowna, Canada
Hi Janice and Sharon, I don't know if you remember an article that was on the front page of the Province newspaper I think in the Spring of this year? It was on WLS and the problems in having the surgery done because of lack of Dr.s' The woman that wrote the article is going to be contacted by a lady on Dr. Amson's site. As far as the petition, I was planning on having people sign on with their information so they can see how many people are supporting the cause from all different aspects, that's why all the info is requested. If anyone has other ideas, please let me know. I was trying to keep it as simple as possible. I had concerns about people's privacy and if it was too complicated that they might just pass. I can't deal with alot of complications myself as far as getting overwhelmed. Sarah
Most Active