Happy New Year

sharonspence
on 12/30/06 11:52 am - Canada
Hello Everyone I hope you all had a good Christmas Holiday. Santa did not leave me a surgery date, but you never know, it might come as a New Year gift LOL. I wish you all a Happy New Year. ,and Lets pray we Santa will bring us a new years gift in the way of a surgery date. All the best in 2007 Sharon in Langley
mary M.
on 1/2/07 7:31 am - Vancouver, Canada
Hi Sharon, Keep the faith, my friend. I know, on good authority, that Santa can make your dreams come true (smile!). Santa gave me a stocking full of dreams.........enough to pay for my surgery with Dr. Rumbaut in Monterray, Mexico! It helps to 'make out' with Santa once in a while & be very, very, very nice to Santa......(smile). I do think however that Santa had to empty every piggy bank he had to make my dream come true! Where are you having your surgery done, Sharon? I sure hope you don't have to wait too long. We all understand the frustration we feel each & every day, even if the general public doesn't. I can not believe how fortunate I am to have found my surgeon, Dr. Rumbaut. I have not found one negative aspect of his care & his patients rave about him. He has done over 1300 Gastric bypasses without complications (due to surgery). The only thing is he's in Mexico! I spent months & months on the internet & the phone researching every surgeon (& the different procedures) I could find that did WLS. At first I was going to have the LapBand done here @ home (Vancouver/Surrey Memorial Hospital), but after talking to post-op patients, patient coordinators, viewing every message board I could find, watching videos, talking to WLS physicians (Washington state, Mississaga, Mexico, Surrey, Houston, TX) I excitedly jumped for Dr. Rumbaut. Being an RN for 34 years helped.......I know a lot of the questions to stick to them!!! My GP gave me an interesting gaze when I said Mexico, but has since done his own research & is pleased. Dr. Ansom, Victoria, is very good I hear, as well, but some patients have to wait up to 7 years for the ' call '. Dr. Rumbaut is definitely not the cheapest ($ 14,600.00 US + airfare & hotel (the Clinic has one close by that they use for patients' & their visits/folllow-up) but he is American Board Certified (which is a must) & President of the American Bariattric Society. I am excited, but also a bit anxious over the more invasive surgery. But like us all I want to change (including my awful eating habits) to a healthier lifestyle. I'm a sugar addict, I'm sure, & I graze a lot during the afternoon & evening. The RNY is the better tool Lisa, thank you so much for your earlier input, it really helped me. It was kind of you to share your thoughts. Enough of me............sorry to ramble, Sharon, I guess I'm just excited to get started on my 'journey'. All the best & I'll pray that you get a call very soon! I'm new to posting on this website but I have been reading it for months. It is fantastic. I just love the openness & honestly I feel & the willingness to share your personal experiences to support others. I just want to say a huge thanks to you all!! Ciao ........& to All members..........May all your dreams come true in the New Year & may 2007 be filled with Health, Happiness, Success, & lots of Fun!! May we all be big LOSERS!! Mary
sharonspence
on 1/2/07 12:33 pm - Canada
Hi Mary I`m so happy for you. Good luck with the surgery. If you have to have surgery Mexico is not to shabby LOL. Beats Vancouver weather. Mind you , I would go to Alaska if I could get it there .I`m glad Santa was very good to you. I cannot afford to go out of country on my own. I do have the papers to apply for out of country I just have to go back to the surgeon. Since it is not done in Vancouver yet , It`s a battle. I will not give up, It is getting harder to walk because of my knees. I would rather have WLS than knee replacment. Please keep us informed of how you are after the surgery. If you start feeling down come to the web site you will get the support you need. Here is to seeing less of you in 2007 LOL. Take care and good luck. Sharon in Langley
Most Active