Hello eveyone Hap...

nizsal
on 1/8/07 4:20 am - Afghanistan
Hello eveyone Happy new year. I phoned Dr. M's office to find out when he will be able to perform the surgery. Anne is not longer working at his office. Somebody called Judy is the new assisant now. When I asked her, she stated that he will probably start in March - although she did not appear to be sure. For myself I am hesistant to go out of town for my procedure. However, i might have to consider it. regards sally
Sim W.
on 1/8/07 2:18 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Dear Sally, I don't mean to be a downer about this but as you know Dr. M. will not be performing the surgeries until the VCHA agrees to it and according to what we have been told, that will take a while. I don't think they will be able to give you an accurate answer because they don't know themselves. It's good that you are calling and checking but my advice is to keep your name on the list but not to put all your eggs in my basket so to speak because it does not look promising as we have found out recently and look into other avenues. I am looking into going to Montreal where they have a private hospital and Dr. Christou will do the surgery there and there is NO WAIT TIME!! Apparently the Quebec government has acknowledged that there are too many people waiting over there and they are only doing the surgeries for Quebec residents at the local hospital and they have opened a private hospital that will do the WLS for everyone who is not a Quebec resident and is willing to self pay BUT of course it is not cheap. It will cost $18,500 What can you do? I really don't want to wait for several more years and it is only money right. I don't remember the last time I did something for me. This will be the best gift I can give to myself. Anyway, thanks for the info Sim
Most Active