Seen Dr.M today

bman78
on 1/29/07 11:03 am - Burnaby, Canada
Hey Guys, I had my appointment with Dr.M today and still no status change. He seems to feel pretty bad about what's going and still can't believe how badly they have tied his hands on this. I found something very interesting though. I was telling him about how what we read about the government having a "special" waiting list for patients to have their surgeries right away with Dr.Amson. He said he was very surprised to hear that Dr.Amson would do that considering Dr.Amson has always told Dr.M that he wants the Vancouver Bariatric side to get up and running asap. By taking on this special list, it's actually slowing our cause. So at least Dr.M knows now and can do something about that. But all in all, still no good news, and doesn't seem like anything is going to happen anytime soon.
Sim W.
on 1/29/07 11:23 am - Vancouver, Canada
Hi Bobby, Thanks for the update. It would be interesting to see what happens if Dr. M decides to call Dr. Amson on this issue. I heard about this thru Dr. Amson's support forum and thru several people who were approved by MSP to have their surgery out of province but then Dr. Amson asked for more OR time and he did all the surgeries. Did Dr. M say he was going to look into things? I feel that we should not be the only ones protesting this action. Apparently Dr. Amson did tell VCHA that he could do the surgeries at a fraction of the price of sending people out of province and he asked for more OR time. I wonder why he did not say..I need help, let's get Dr. M. to do the surgeries too. If Dr. M. got together with Dr. Amson on this, maybe things would move. Thanks Sim
Most Active