gastric bypass in BC

sprinkles29
on 1/26/08 3:09 am - Canada
Hi , I am looking for doctors in BC that do gastric bypass surgery. thx
SMR
on 1/26/08 7:32 am - Canada
Hi Terri: Dr. Bradley Amson and his colleague Dr. Tang do RNY, lap band, gastric sleeve, etc in Victoria, B.C. To get an appointment with either, you would need a referral from your family doctor. To make an appointment with Dr. Amson, there will be at least a one year waiting period and then after you see him, there will be another two year wait before you have your surgery. Depending on how young you are, he would like you to try and lose the weight on your own. His colleague, T. Tang, has just recently started doing gastric bypass surgery. I'm don't know how long you would have to wait to see him. There are possibly other surgeons in BC that do this surgery, but I'm personally not familiar with them. Hopes this helps, Shirley R
monckeyface
on 6/7/08 7:42 am - Burnaby, Canada
I just got my appt with Dr Tang and I have to wait a little over a month. This is my first appt with him so I don't know what to expect. Laura
Andi10
on 6/13/08 7:35 am - Canada
Have you had your appointment with Tang yet???? I have mine in a few weeks and i am wondering what to expect????? Andi
monckeyface
on 6/13/08 10:51 am - Burnaby, Canada
andi, I have not had my appointment yet with Dr Tang. Mine is August 5 for the first consultation. I am interested in the Gastric Bypass as I have gained weight over the past few years from a car accident I had in 2002 but I have been overweight all my life. The only 2 doctors that I know of that do gastric bypass is Dr Amson and Dr Tang and they both work out of the same office. Dr Tang is about 6 weeks of a wait to see him and Dr Amson is about 2 and 1/2 years to see him. Dr Tang the surgery will be done within a year and a half and I am not sure of Dr Amson's surgery wait list but it is in excess of 3 years.
courtneystgermain
on 6/9/09 9:46 am - maple ridge, Canada
does anyone have any idea of how much the cost for the surgery is?
melissa1983
on 11/11/09 5:36 am - Maple Ridge, Canada
Hi Courtney, I was wondering if u found out how much the surgery cost or is it covered by MSP?  Also did u find someone on the mainland or was it on the island?  Thank you
melissa1983
on 11/11/09 5:38 am - Maple Ridge, Canada

Hi Courtney, Just wondering if you found out how much it cost or is it covered by MSP? Also did you find someone one the mainland or on the island thank you

Most Active