new lap band clinic/Kelowna

dogqueen_3
on 11/23/09 3:03 pm - Kelowna, Canada
 There is a new lap band clinic opening in the next few weeks.
The surgeries will be done at the Kelowna hospital to start and eventually  they hope to have their own clinic.

Dr. Kliftinger is the surgeon and Lorne Friesen is the director if i Quest. They will be 
working together to make up the WLS team.

They have a package made up that includes 4-6 months of counseling , diet, nutrition. psychologist, and many other things to offer during this time.  After the surgery another 18 months is included
to help you adjust to your new life.  This also includes your fills for the first 18 mths.

I have been giving some input  about the positive outcomes from losing weight and a few other things.
This is very exciting for all the people outside of the lower mainland and vancouver island.
Haven't got phone # etc. yet.
There is a web site you can go to find out what i Quest is all about.
www.iquesthealth.ca
Vicki Escott (dogqueen_3)  [email protected]
bashfuleyes
on 12/9/09 5:09 am - Canada
That's awesome! Im currently in the program in Edmonton and will be getting the lapband Dec 16. I believe that particular doctor you mentioned will be here in Edmonton to participate or watch the procedure.
Bashfuleyes        
dogqueen_3
on 12/9/09 5:36 am - Kelowna, Canada
  Hi Bashfuleyes
Congratulations on your surgery!!  It is going to make such a big difference in your life.
Yes Dr. Kliftlinger is going to be there and I do believe he is going to participate in the surgery.
You will like him, he is great.  Lorne Friesen of iQuest will also be there.
Let me know how everything goes.
Vicki  (dogqueen_3) 
(deactivated member)
on 1/7/10 3:49 am - Canada
Hi Bashfuleyes,
I am booked for my consultation on the 20th of Jan and surgery will be in Feb.  Very nervous. 
Any things I should know or do???

Thanks,
A
hopefull01
on 1/21/10 12:41 pm - Canada
Please help!I have just started to investegate the whole lap band surgery in hops for myself and I have been told they do not do it in Edmonton!!!!!
tearbear25
on 1/5/11 3:24 pm
Im curious about the Edmonton program you said you were in. Is it weight wise? I've read about others taking it.And if it is Weight Wise in Edmonton, do you know if they (or anywhere else in Edmonton) accepts banded patients that have had surgery somewhere else?
Thank you.
4mygirls
on 12/18/09 1:22 am - Canada
I am new to this board, but I contacted the clinic in Kelowna, and I am going forward with plans to have the Realize band surgery.  I'm very excited, and a little nervous!

I guess the first step is to go see my doctor - he has to send in a referral.  I have been avoiding him because of all the wait I have gained recently, and also because I'm pretty sure he won't be that supportive of WLS - he keeps telling me to go to Weigh****chers!  I did, but it just doesn't work for me anymore.

I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Heather.
dogqueen_3
on 12/18/09 5:49 am - Kelowna, Canada
Heather, I am so happy for you.  This really is a new start to your life,you won't regret it , your life will change dramatically.
Keep me in touch as to how everything goes and don'y listen to your doctor about WLS.  
We have all tried every diet and if they worked long term we wouldn't be where we are!!hope to see you at the meetings.  I also head a meeting at KGH at the rose room on the 2nd sat. of each month and you are more then welcome to come and join us.  It is from 12-2pm

Vicki
4mygirls
on 12/18/09 6:13 am - Canada
Vicki,

Thank you so much for the welcome.  The meetings at KGH should work for me - I live in Kamloops and work full-time, so I should be able to make it.

Did you have the Realize band done as well?  I looked at your photos and you look amazing!!  I can't even imagine getting where you are!  Actually, I probably haven't been there since I was about 12! :)

Hopefully I will get to Kelowna and get a chance to meet you soon.

Heather.
obdon
on 12/2/12 4:30 pm

please tell us more about these meetings. You can come, is it drop in

Most Active