Support Group in Richmond -3rd Tues of every month?

healthbound
on 6/20/11 4:50 pm - BC, Canada
Just wondering if anyone knows anything about a Support Group in Richmond that is held every 3rd Tuesday of the month?

prplady
on 6/21/11 11:05 am - Canada
The first meeting is tonight.. 630 I think..Unfortunately I am not able to attend.. boo pout hiss!!

I heard it is a focus group meeting.  They are wanting to get the info of what the people want..

I am hoping to hear what the outcome of the meeting is ... Please let us know (those that attended)
I definately plan on attending in the future...

It is going to be held at the Garrett Wellness Center
healthbound
on 6/21/11 5:11 pm - BC, Canada
Thanks prplady.  I called Dr Sampath's office today to find out more info and was referred to calling Garrett.  But when I called Garrett I got their voice mail and left a message but didn't hear back from anyone.  So, I didn't end up going either.

There is another support group in Vancouver on the 1st Thursday of every month that I will go to though.

By the way, have you got a surgery date yet?

prplady
on 6/22/11 1:00 pm - Canada
Oh that is too bad that you didn't get the info in time to go.. Yes i hear about the Vancouver meetings and have been a couple times.. They also have them in Langley and Chilliwack and Abbotsford and possibly even Mission. I have been to Chilliwack and Langley. oh and mustn't forget New Westminster.Great to have lots of support. OH is having a Conference in July and several of us are attending... I have no date yet... waiting patiently...how bout you ... do u have a date?
healthbound
on 6/22/11 5:36 pm - BC, Canada
No, no date yet.  I'm still doing all the tests.

I've done the sleep apnea and have my gastroscopy next Tuesday.  I saw Dr Zentner again today and have an appointment with the Garrett Wellness Center on the 29th.  I've got to call PAL back tomorrow and....hm what else....oh ya, of course keeping my food and excercise journal and reading Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies.

I'll be at the next support group in Richmond and will also check out the one at St Josephs.  It will be nice to meet some of the people from the forum in person :)

bamf
on 6/28/11 12:16 pm - Burnaby, BC, Canada
The meeting was very good, more than 25 people attended.  Was scheduled to last 60 to 90 minutes, but lasted over 2 hours because everyone was so interested in sharing.  Will definately go again.  Actual time/day has not yet been set, but I will be contacted by VCH when it has been set-up.  Will let you know when I hear anything from them.

prplady
on 6/28/11 4:14 pm - Canada
Good to hear! Thanks for sharing.. I am looking forward to coming out and am happy you are going to let us know when. I did receive a call for this one, so I imagine they will call me for the next one.. more than 25 that is alot of people...
Jillville
on 6/23/11 1:09 pm - Surrey, Canada
VSG on 04/16/12
 I had my second appointment with Dr. Sampath yesterday and was told about the support group at the Garrett Wellness Centre on the third Tuesday of every month...I just missed the first one!! Too bad...I'd like to go next month for sure.  Somebody mentioned a get-together?  When/where is that going to be?  I can't see any previous posts while I write this so I can't refer to any of the given info...I'd love to meet up with some people in person!! Also, I live in Surrey so if there is anything closer than Richmond, that would be great too...anybody know?  Thanks!! :)
healthbound
on 6/24/11 3:25 am - BC, Canada
Hi Jillville!

I'd be into getting together :)

And I'm going to check out both of the support groups that are semi-close to me (Richmond and Vancouver) so we could always meet there too.

How did your 2nd appointment go?

marnew
on 7/11/11 4:21 am - Vancouver, Canada
Hi everyone:

The meeting was supposed to be set-up for the 3rd Tuesday of every month at Garratt (6:30pm) for Dr. Sampath and Nguyen patients. I believe though that the facilitators are planning on contacting people to let them know.

And yes, the first one was very helpful.

Marina
  HW 235?, SW 206, CW 125, GW 150      
Most Active