Gastroscopy & Garrett

healthbound
on 6/28/11 9:59 am - BC, Canada
Had my gastroscopy with Dr Sampath this morning.  I have mild inflammation, moderate hiatus hernia and need to get a gastric emptying study done since there was still food in my stomach even though I fasted.

I brought my journal and he looked at it and said he was pleased -yay!  A note to anyone else seeing Dr Sampath...make sure you bring your journal with you everywhere, even to procedures like this one, cause he'll ask for it.

Is anyone else scheduled to go to the Garrett Wellness this Wednesday (29th)?

Hope everyone's doing well.

jaynak
on 6/29/11 12:58 am - Canada
Doesn't it feel good to be getting these tests out of the way!!!!!!

I don't have an appointment at Garrett on the 29th, my next appointment there is on the 30th.

Good luck with your other tests.
lilymorg
on 6/29/11 12:43 pm
 Did he tell you the results from your gastroscopy while you were at the hospital?  I had mine done last week and he never said anything about it....I see him next week so maybe he will go over the results then?

I don't get into Garrett until the beginning of August...its a long wait for some reason.
healthbound
on 6/29/11 4:07 pm - BC, Canada
Hi jaynak and lilymorg!

It feels good to get the tests done, yes :)  Garratt was good today.  The nutritionist is very nice and I met another patient of Dr Sampath's.  It was really nice to meet someone in person who is going through the process we are all going through.  And I joined an optional group (for $90) that will go into more detail about nutrition, portions, cooking etc.

Yes, Dr Sampath told me the results of my gastroscopy while I was at the hospital, but I only vaguely remember it.  The only reason I recalled what he told me is because he wrote it on the "Discharge Instructions" pamphlet.  It also instructed me to make a follow up appointment with him about it.

I've had several problems with my stomach over the years (started when I was about 13) and it has been hurting again lately so I'm not surprised there are issues.  I just hope they are all fixable or that none of them interfere with getting the surgery.  I'm sure I'll find out more details when I see him next.

Most Active