Preop appointments

sexy_me
on 12/5/11 8:27 am, edited 12/5/11 8:35 am
VSG on 02/06/12
 Hi,

I haven't been booked yet for preops but because I'm coming in LD, I really need to plan ahead. I was wondering how long will apointments will take, are they all in one day? Should I call them and ask. I don't know the number though. 
jaynak
on 12/5/11 2:23 pm - Canada
My surgery was Oct 17 and I was called about pre-op appts. in the being of September.  I was able to arrange to do all of my pre-op stuff in one day.  I saw Nooshin, Dr. You, the pre-op nurse, had blood work, ecg and chest x-ray and then had some time to grab a bite to eat before waiting for the anesthestist to arrive and had a short appt. with her.  I also had to do a 60-90 minute assessment with someone from PAL for the research that they're doing on the benefits of this surgery.  I believe that for those of us that are from out of town they generally try to arrange everything for the same day to minimize the number of times that you have to travel to Richmond.  Good luck with all of your appts.

sexy_me
on 12/5/11 3:47 pm
VSG on 02/06/12
 Just guessing the begining of January is when I'll be called to set up all these appointments since my date is Feb. Thats good to know. Thanks  
Most Active