Bariatric Support group in Vancouver

jodyjetson
on 5/8/14 1:03 pm - Canada

Hi I'm Jody and I am a week post op and had a gastric sleeve by Dr Sampath.  I feel great and have been surprised that I was virtually no pain or even discomfort.  Since May 1 I have lost 14 pounds.  Anyway feeling so good I decided I would find other weight loss surgery folks and attend the local support group at St Joseph's Hospital in Vancouver.  So I made my way there tonight and no one showed up.  I looked at the posting again and it was from 2011.  Haha  Anyway let me know if you want to start a group.  I would like to hang out with other folks who are in process or have been successful.

tangy13
on 5/10/14 9:28 am - Canada

i'm game; i'm in surrey.

Spacemonkeyham
on 5/13/14 4:43 pm - Canada

I would be interested too. My surgery date is June 18th and I may be laid up for a bit, but would like to attend once i'm able.

Nikki

Vancouver, BC. Canada

VSG  coming up June 18, 2014

lilolovesstitch
on 5/26/14 11:12 am - Canada
VSG on 01/14/14

Id like that too. Im in Port Coquitlam:)

slide
on 5/30/14 9:51 am - Canada
VSG on 02/27/14

Would also be interested, I'm in the Vancouver area.

dan1887
on 6/12/14 6:14 pm - CA

Absolutely I am in as well.  I am in Vancouver.  How do we make this happen.  I moved here a year ago, 6 months after my surgery and I could really use the support.  Feel like I missed the whole second phase (or whatever phase) of this thing and haven't maximized this surgical tool that my VSG can be.

Serenisis
on 6/23/14 4:42 am, edited 6/23/14 4:55 am - Coquitlam, BC, Canada
VSG on 08/13/12

Hey everyone!  

I'm not sure if you're aware but we do have a support group on Facebook for patients who are going through the process with the surgeons in Richmond -- we also accept patients of other surgeons if support is what you're looking for.  Here's the link!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/westcoastwlssupport/

We meet once a month in the Langley area by Willowbrook mall but have a number of members all over the Lower Mainland who are always looking to meet up for activities or a chat elsewhere.  I myself live in East Vancouver and had my surgery with Dr. Sampath just under 2 years ago.

If you have any questions about the group, send me an email at [email protected].

Hope this helps!

HW: 401 --- 1st Consult: 373 --- SW: 333, lost 68lbs total pre-op!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

crymacd
on 9/15/14 2:24 pm - ABBOTSFORD, Canada

Thank you for this information. I just requested to connect with this group on Facebook !!

ptrumph
on 8/21/14 12:02 pm - Vancouver, BC, Canada

Hi Jody! How long did it take to have the surgery done by Dr. Sampath? 

slide
on 9/15/14 3:31 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/27/14

Hi All,

There is still a support group meeting held at the Mt. St. Joseph hospital.  I think the turnout has been pretty low these last few months but there was about 6 of us last month so it would be nice to see more people there.  The last one was September 5th so I believe they meet the first Thursday of each Month at 7:00PM in the Sister Germaine room.

Hope to see you there.

Most Active