Questions for anyone who's gone through the Royal Jubilee Program

Jibledoe
on 3/15/16 6:28 pm
VSG on 04/06/16

Hi Everyone,

I can't believe I'm just finding this forum, I finally got my date for my surgery and I'm trying to figure out what other appointments Victoria requires before surgery, I have already booked my appt with Dr. Z, and the anesthesiologist, and my GP, will I need more blood work or an x-ray a couple of days before surgery? I'm trying to book my hotel and thinking it's probably best to just stay 2 nights before surgery, in case of the last minute tests.

Start my pre-op diet tomorrow, I'm getting nervous, seem's like it's come too fast.

Thank you.

Odettework
on 3/15/16 8:13 pm

wow , that is so exciting! Who is doing surgery? How long after your consultation with surgery did u get a date? I have my consultation April.6th with Dr.Malik..I am very excited..also nervous..Please keep me posted also with how your pre-op diet goes! Can I ask your current weight?

-Thanks, Odette

Jibledoe
on 3/16/16 12:42 pm
VSG on 04/06/16

Thanks Odette! Dr. Lam is doing my surgery.  My consultation with Dr. Lam was on January 29th.  I'm on day one of the Pre-op diet, so far so good.  My current weight is 327.

rabgal
on 3/15/16 8:14 pm

How exciting! I haven't received my date yet; hopefully getting close.  I would suspect 2 days before would give ample time for any other tests you need.  You'll have to let us know how the process works and how your surgery goes.  Are you drinking the glucerna or boost diabetic? 

Odettework
on 3/15/16 8:23 pm

I feel like you and I are at very similar points in our WLS journey..I am so excited for us :)

rabgal
on 3/15/16 8:30 pm, edited 3/18/16 11:58 am

We definitely are!

A woman in my Craving Change program and I were talking at our final class this week and turns out she has an appointment with Dr Malik in April as well. It's like a mini-boom ... I'm hoping it's because of a new fiscal year budget and we'll be in quickly with surgery dates :)

Odettework
on 3/15/16 9:15 pm

Oh yah you are probably right, whats your name?!

I haven't been booked with internist, nutritionist or for my GI test..hmmm...

rabgal
on 3/15/16 9:31 pm, edited 3/18/16 12:04 pm

I'm  Sandra but I go by Sam :) 

I haven't had the upper GI yet but Christina in Dr Lam' s office said they've sent the requisition to my hospital.

Have you not met with Dr Z and Carla yet for one on one appointments?    My call from Dr Lam's office just happened to coincede closely with my quarterly appointments with Dr Z and Carla.

I also got phoned about a referral to a local dietician so I'll do that on April 18th.

Odettework
on 3/15/16 9:37 pm

Well so good to meet you Sam. Yes I have had 2 one on one appts with them, and this april will be the 3rd i believe? So when I go down to van in april, I will be seeing Dr.Z, Carla, and Dr.Malik ...Maybe Dr.Maliks office does things a bit differently? Hope the send requisition asap cause im in PG everything takes forever.

Sounds like you may be having surgery pretty fast here!!!

rabgal
on 3/15/16 2:38 pm

This also my 3rd one on one appointments, lol definitely mirroring on another - maybe we can be hospital roomies ;)

Here on the north island it's really slow for labs and xrays too.

Most Active