First appointment!!

winter_jayne
on 11/20/16 2:05 pm

Finally had my first appointments with Dr Zentner and Carla. I had heard so many great things about Dr Z, but she really is amazing in person. I went in there wanting to prove I was ready and I barely got through and she leans over and goes "I am approving you today for surgery" I teared up right away. 

She said I should have my surgery within the year but most likely in the spring, and I am SO READY!!  
I would really like to join the FB page that they have, does anyone have the info for that? Carla mentioned emailing me the link but she hasn't yet.

I really hope everyone is doing great. This is a long, hard road, and although I am doing good, I know there will be hurdles, so I am just enjoying the high of the moment. 

Winter

M1st2be
on 11/28/16 10:05 pm

Congrats on your WLS moving forward!  Nice to see that happening for some people on these boards.  How long was your wait from referral to orientation to meeting with surgeon?

Also - can you share the link for the Facebook group?  I'm looking for as much support as I can while I endure the long wait.

winter_jayne
on 11/28/16 10:21 pm

Referral was Sept 2014, orientation was may 2016, and first appointment was Nov 2016. If I get surgery in the spring, would be 2.5 years to new beginning. where are you on your wait?

The Facebook group is called Victoria Bariatrics. It's a closed group, so you'll need to request to be added. It's a bit more active than it is here.

M1st2be
on 11/29/16 8:12 am

Thanks Winter!  Just eight months since they put in my referral - so a LONG way to go.  Hardest part is not hearing ANYTHING at all.  It would be nice if they could just confirm you're on the list and how many are in front of you.  :-))  in the meantime I'll check out the Facebook group.

jillydopop
on 1/10/17 5:20 pm
VSG on 02/09/17

They probably won't disclose how many ahead of you... but their process is (I think) that they fax a stamped copy back to your doctor, and that is the indicator it was received. Maybe check with your doctor?

Most Active