does California public aid pay for surgery?

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/06 5:16 am
Miss Ladybug, Kaiser can not legally require the 10% weightloss anymore. Please challenge it in writing to them. Hugs, Heather
Miss Ladybug
on 11/29/06 8:44 am - Folsom, CA
Heather, Are you serious? I have heard that some Kaiser facilities don't' require 10%, but I didn't know about this. How do I do this? Who do I write? Do you have kaiser? How do you know this? I know this is a lot of questions, but I can not believe this! I have done everything under the sun to get ready for this surgery, and life style change. The only thing that is holding me up is the 10% weight loss. You are my angel sent from GOD. I just want to cry I am so happy to hear this. How do I do this? Annabelle
Morgen H.
on 11/28/06 6:06 pm - San Diego, CA
I have medi-cal Blue Cross HMO and I am going through the process for the surgery. Getting a referral from PCP on Friday. I'll keep you up to date. I did have straight medi-cal before this and had a surgeon in Bakersfield...but then realized I could change to an HMO and get it down here in San Diego. Let me know if you need any other info!! Just email me! Morgen
Miss Ladybug
on 11/29/06 1:00 am - Folsom, CA
Morgan, please let us know what happend at your appointment with your PCP, and how hard is it to get refered. I live in northern cali
KRWaters
on 11/29/06 1:48 am - Manteca, CA
I also had Blue Cross/Medi-Cal. They paid for it all. Tell her to go to a primary care [physician who will refer her to a surgeon for the surgery. Find a surgeon who takes her insurance whatever it is. Keep searching till she finds ak surgeon and PCP that she likes. It may take a little time, but in the end it is worth it as you know. Karen
Most Active