Good morning...I am hurting!!!

mamaharen
on 2/13/08 11:52 pm - Lemoore, CA
OK...I had a miserable night...couldn't get comfortable...as to be expected.  This morning I got up and took my Vicodin and OMG...it feels like it is stuck!  It hurts...will it go down?  Am I freaking out for nothing?  I took a good walk around the block and have had some good gas coming my way (I know...TMI...but OMG...does it feel good to get rid of it~) I am sittin her looking at all the water I need to get in today and am a bit freaked about that as well.  It looks like so much!  I can barely take a swallow right now!  I am going to try some warm broth, maybe that will break up the pill! Cheri
Surgery Date: Feb 12, 2008
PreOp 232 * TL- 83 * Current WT 149

GETTING THIN...N...LOVING LIFE!!! 

ShellsBells
on 2/14/08 12:07 am - Vallejo, CA
Cheri,

Sorry to hear that you are hurting but remember, just take it one day, one moment, one sip at a time!!! Keep in mind why you got into this in the first place and keep your eyes on the prize! The first few weeks are the toughest (from what I understand).

Shells
vicki M.
on 2/14/08 12:08 am - NAS Lemoore, CA
Hey there lady- Listen, if something feels like it is stuck, drinking anything on top of it will either make you feel worse or bring it right back up. Just give it some time. As far as all the water you need to drink- don't be too hard on yourself if you can't get it all in.  Just sip sip sip all day long and try your best.  Same thing for any protein that you have to get in.  It all seems like you wont be able to get all in, but you WILL eventually.   Take it easy- keep taking your walks and you will be FINE....okay?? big hugs to you.  I have a meeting with the principal this morning, but if you need anything later today, dont hesitate to call!!
Vicki M Proud NAVY wife and veteran!!!

Optimists are right. So are pessimists. It's up to you to choose which you will be.~~Harvey Mackay

Darlene
on 2/14/08 12:23 am
Maybe the doc can give you a scrip for a liquid vicodin. I know I prefer liquids and did them from the beginning and still do liquids...they just work faster too. Remember though, every day will get a bit better...
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

Jaime C.
on 2/14/08 12:31 am - Pacific Grove, CA
RNY on 08/03/07 with
Hi Cheri, I am so sorry you are feeling BLAH. It will get better and before you know it you will be feeling great. It gets easier and I am sending you BIG hugs this morning. Jaime
Jaime C.

Diane C.
on 2/14/08 12:37 am - Highland, CA
Hi Cheri Remember you have just had major surgery.   Even though you don't have major scars doesn't mean that your insides aren't still raw.  It's going to take some time, and rest to feel better.  Vicodan is a rather large pill,  Keep sipping some water, it will disolve.  Also, try cutting those pills in half or even smaller.  Take them on a regular basis too, they will make you feel better and don't worry about addiction.  It doesn't happen that way on a short term basis.   Give your body the rest it needs.  DO NOT overdue the walking, and don't worry about the water.  Every single one of us has been through that and it really does get better with each day.  That I can promise you.  Keep in touch with the doctors office if things don't keep improving.  We are all here for you.  We that have had the surgery never have forgotten those few weeks after surgery.  I remember I wanted to lay on my side so bad, and couldn't for almost 3 weeks.  Hang tough my friend. Take care, Hugs, Diane
(deactivated member)
on 2/14/08 12:45 am - Agoura Hills, CA
It will take awhile to get comfortable at night.  Look for a recliner.  Water?  Take 1oz every 15 minutes.  That is a little nyquil cup.  Just let it sit in mouth and trickle down your throat.  Also warm fluid work better in the morning than cold.  It takes time to get to the quantities the surgeon's require.  Liquid Vicodin or cut the pills down.  Remember that all pills are not make to be cut down, but V is okay. Hope you feel better soon. 
Denise W.
on 2/14/08 12:56 am - Rocklin, CA
Ask the doctor for liquid vicodin. It is ridiculous to have to try to choke down those pills so early out.

Highest 6/98:  289     1st consult 9/07:  260          5'11"
WLS 1/7/08:   234      Lowest 8/08:       164.5    
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=532747907&ref=name
Currently pregnant! Due November 27th, 2009! 

BOP
on 2/14/08 1:20 am - Central, CA
Sorry you had a rough night.  I think the idea of going to liquid vicodin is a good one.  It will get easier every day.  We're sending lots of good thoughts your way. Brian & Annette
Monica P.
on 2/14/08 1:32 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

My first day after surgery was the worst.  My angel told me "if you can get through today, this is the worst it will ever be." 

She was right.

I was sore for the first week, and that too passed.   The water and protein will be almost impossible to get in,  don't worry about it....do as much as you possibly can!!  Your new pouch is tiny and swollen.  In time it will heal and you will be able to take in more.

Hang in there, it does get better!! 

Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."

- George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

Most Active