Must read story

Laura A.
on 5/23/11 4:37 am - Manteca, CA
WOW, Gus....

I was so sorry to hear of this...I saw Becky in Las Vegas last weekend and she had told me of your ordeal and how incredibly scarry it was for you and your family!!!  I am so thankful you are alive and on the mend.

I totally remember your abdominal troubles and those trips to emergency....not the cheese after all....  I'm sorry your dying intestines weren't discovered earlier. 

Your feeding tube....will it be forever?

Many prayers for you, Anna and your baby girl....

Laura A.         5'3"  BW299/CW135

Gus H.
on 5/24/11 2:23 am - La Puente, CA
Since I have a short gut syndrome, doctor's don't know how long I'll be on this feeding tube. Time will tell which may take up to about a year.

The surgeon said that maybe I'll need forever, 10 hours a day, 5 hours a day, etc. Just depends how much my insides are absorbing which is very minimal since I hardly have any small intestines.
LUVROSE4U
on 5/30/11 10:10 pm - fort oglethorpe, GA

hi gus, omg, i was reading your post and all i can say is i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and your family too..you are a very strong and optomisitic person.  remember please keep us posted on how your doing ok.

much love
rebecca

Sandy_B
on 7/18/12 8:46 am - Bakersville, NC
Hi Gus I was on the iv infusions nourishment line for 4 months...Mine had to be taken out cause I had a temp of 102.9 and was told to get to the ER asap...if there was an infection it could be in my ports and if that was the case it could  be the end of me...I had it 24/7 for 8 weeks then down to 20/7 for 8 weeks then down to 16/7 for 8? til my infusion was taken out..
I was told that I could only have infusions in one  arm then to the left arm...but they could do it from one arm to the other...But with my temp 102.9 and a white count of 1,700 they were not going to do either one....The Dr that did my gastric bypass for some reason decided to to an endoscopy...and from what he decided while he was in there he would open up my dormante stomach and do the complete revision...I cried of pain  where my so called pouch was and under my ribs and I was toldI had a ulcer where my pouch was located...and the Dr that was on call couldn't under stand why I was in so much pain and I told him more than once to call my GB surgeon..but  my pcp at the time didn't take time to do so...I have a stricture/ulcers between my intestines and my pouch... 

Gus Please let me know how you are doing?
God Bless You my Friend for sharing with us...
Sandy_B
[email protected]

Sandy

Sandy_B
on 7/18/12 8:58 am - Bakersville, NC
I am sorry Gus...I ended up with tpn 1,000 calories aday and my legs felt like they were going to bust...I was told that tpn was  just a bandage to get me built up to have a feeding tube but the one my gb wants to  put in would go through my side with 4 feedings around the clock aday...after  doing an laproscopic  endoscopy... I have lost all but 2 teeth on top and waiting for insurance approval to get them removed because I have threw up so so many times the acids have/had eat my teeth up...

Sandy

Most Active