2 yr Follow Up and Tummy Tuck consult Today!

Bubblishouz
on 6/10/11 4:07 pm - Fresno, CA

The doc had nothing but good things to say (well at least that's all I clinged to).  LOL.
Starting weight 328
Lowest weight   165
Goal weight      160
Current weight  171

Doctor says i'm doing well and maintaing well.  Says he couldn't ask for more.  Then he says...."oh, your Iron is at a 5 when it should be about 10".  "Take 2 doses a day instead of the 1 dose you have been taking".  Then this is where I failed to speak up.  I didn't mention to him that the I haven't been taking my Iron like he told me to a couple months ago.  Because I was told not to take iron with my calcium supplement, i tend to forget to take the iron.  "It's real important you get your iron back up unless you want a blood transfusion.  Besides, I can't perform a tummy tuck on you unless you get those iron levels under control."  Now after hearing that from the doc, I was like I have to do this right.  Tummy tuck or not, I should have never ignored my iron level being low a couple months ago and made it a priority this entire time.  So this was the break down of the cost for the tummy tuck:

Hospital  $1500

Anestishia $500

Surgeon  $5000

"Let me palpate your abdomen.  Yup, you have a small hernia near your belly button.  That means your insurance will cover the hospital and anestishia fees.  That leaves you with a balance of $5000.  Depending on you insurance they might cover an additional on the $5000 leaving you with possibly $3500-$3800 fee instead."  My jaw dropped.  I was expecting to have to pay a lot more.  This sounds reasonable and I think I can save this much by the end of the year.  I'm gonna try really hard to save as much as I can.  This made my day, my weekend, my month.  Haven't talked to the hubby about it yet.  Hope to get the support I wish for.  I can't expect him to be excited though since he goes through a lot when i'm sick in the hospital, recovering from previous surgeries, hernias, you name it, he's had to deal with it all.

Wish me luck!

bebaugh
on 6/11/11 3:37 am - Merced, CA
I am so glad you are doing so well. I know how easy it is to forget to take your vitamins the  longer you are out. I have been bad at taking all of them and I feel so much better when I do take them.

How is school going? I still don't know how you everything!

Good luck on saving for your tummy tuck and keep us posted on the progress you are making towards it!

Bebaugh (Elizabeth)

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." Carl Bard    

Most Active