X POST OLDIE ASKING QUESTIONS

jilliecats
on 10/15/11 5:53 am

I am finally getting myself fixed all up with stuff at the doctor. I have been back on regular supplementation as far as vitamins go for two or so years and my blood work is fine, except anemia, the ferritin level has been as low as 2.2, but runs about 8, which is low, but that is as good as it gets.

90% of the time when I eat, it gets stuck and I have to erp it up. I have tried everything, eating slow, eating different foods, preparing food different ways, you name it. Well, I finally got referred to the gastroenterologist and they did an esophagram. A couple different times the tech said excitedly, "Did you feel that?" Nope both times. It was a reflux action that had barely hit before it jumped right back up my pipe. Well, of course the doc hasn't called back and I am anxious. But my real question/statement is that they told me my stomach was teeny tiny. Now, I had RNY 1-28-2004 and my stomach is still the size of a quarter?????? How could that be? Also, since I am basically not eating anything since it comes back up before it digests, why do I weigh 155 lbs instead of like 90 lbs or something?

Any stories to reassure me or even to scare me. Hell, I just want to be somewhat in the know before I go to the doc again.

Thanks!!!

Also, since I am asking questions, I am in process of getting dentures. Because of my dumb lack of compliance, I lost all my teeth. I guess this is more like a statement than a question, but please take your damn calcium!!

Thanks again!!

Jilliecats          

Living Life
on 10/16/11 12:18 am - Riverside, CA
Jillie Cat,,,you know these is all question you should ask your dr. But you also know that your body picks it weight and it wont give up on it. Some thing is getting in and i guess its enough to keep at the weigh you are.

Don't stress, you look great at that weightl

L
jilliecats
on 10/16/11 12:36 am
I know, I knorw about the doctor, but it also helps to see if others have had similar happenings. 

The weight thing is just pure curiosity.  I am not as knowledgeable as I probably should be about eating and how it affects us.  I just know I didnt have any problems until now, at over seven years out, so I never really paid attention since what I was doing seemed to be the right thing.  Grrrr! 

I hope things are great with you and you are not too busy at work.

Jilliecats          

Living Life
on 10/16/11 2:30 am - Riverside, CA
Things are good with me, I am going to start training with Liz, Kirsten, Gene, Cyndi and of course COACH SCOTT for the LA marathon.....Kind of scared about that, since I have not run more then two miles in 4 years. UGH!!! but I will do my best and that is all I can do.

I work tons but our hours change next month and I cant wait. 12 Hours are killers..

How are you and the boys?

Lu
jilliecats
on 10/16/11 3:13 am
Wow!!!  Good luck with the marathon.  90% of me soooooo admires you all but 10% of me thinks you all are just crazy!  I cannot even run because I trip over my feet, seriously!  It isn't because ther are big either, they are only a size 7 1/2.

My oldest just got engaged last night, at Disneyland.  She is a really great girl so it is such a good thing.  It will probably be a long engagement since Dusty will be in Japan until February and then who knows where after that, hopefully back to the United States.  He has been to Iraq, was there for 9 months so he won't be going back any time soon unless all hell breaks loose.  He is an Energy/Environmental Tech in the Air Force.  I would love to have grandbabies but that's not gonna happen for a while with them a zillion miles apart.  Not sure when the wedding will be, but she has medical issues so they don't want her to move until he is back in the states for a length of time more than a year. 

My youngest is a freshman in college.  He is a braniac, and not so sure where that came from.  We do but heads a lot because of his age and we have totally different beliefs about life.  I am so liberal and he is so conservative and what I call a "Bible thumper."  No one in his dad or my family is like that so it is just weird to me how he is sooo different.  But difference makes the world go round and he is damn smart.  He's 18 and is teaching this 47 year old a lot of stuff!!  He is going to school to become a biotechnical engineer.  He works for an oncologist right now so he is getting a lot of experience just being around the office, picking up the terminology and stuff.  No girls for him yet.  A few dates, but that's it.

I haven't been around here in a long time.  How is your sis doing?  The last I remember I think she was going to get her own place. 

How are your critters?  Jeff got me a puppy a month ago because our black lab passed about four months ago at 12 years old of skin cancer.  My new guy is a white malti-poo named Flash.  He is just soooooo great.  But potty training, not so fun!  Then I still have all my cats (five right now).  Except for the youngest, they are all about the same age, about 12-13 years so it will be sad when they start croaking off. 

Jilliecats          

Living Life
on 10/16/11 8:06 am - Riverside, CA
Hey Jill

My sister is still here....ugh!! but she really can not aford her own place. If she made another $100 she might be able to make it on her own.. Ohhh well..

Her boy live across the street and do alot with her now and there for I do get some alone time. Like right now. Its great. They all took off and went to the beach. They will be gone all day. I have MY HOUSE to MYSELF. Its great and wonderful. LOL...But Shhhhh dont tell her I said that.

All the "fur babies" are doing great. and are kicking back with me today. We are thinking about getting one more small one. We miss having little Miss Fresser around. But are not all that sure yet.

I am still working for the county and with big time luck, changing my/our hours back to 8 hours SOON. We will find out on Tuesday. Gosh I think I might cry if we don't go back to 8hrs. I hate working 12s

Are you working still? How is that going? How is Jeff doing? Is he still working?

I think that is about it for me. Unless you want to see if Jeff would like to get a little puppy. LOL

IF you have $$$ please feel free to add to my page.  

http://apla.convio.net/site/TR/Events/T2EA-LAMarathon?px=156 9924&pg=personal&fr_id=1130 every penny helps

jilliecats
on 10/18/11 1:03 am
A sent a little $$$ over to your marathon.  Wish I had more, but like you said, every little bit does count.

Jeff says you can have Flash if he doesn't stop chewing on his work boots.  I said over my dead body!!!!!!!!

Good luck on your training but stay healthy.  Remember, you are a klutz (so am I, we both got fat genes and klutz genes, along with superior intelligence genes though :-)

Have a good day at work!

Jilliecats          

Living Life
on 10/18/11 1:44 pm - Riverside, CA

THANK YOU!!!
THANK YOU!!!!

THANK YOU!!
You rock!! Every penny counts....
THANK YOU !!

Lu

Brian W.
on 10/18/11 9:28 am - Belmont, CA
 Are you following up with Dr N or another doc?  I'd trust him over anyone else

Brian
Stephanie O
on 10/20/11 8:05 am - Happy Place, CA
Wow, I never come on here anymore.  Just another day and thought I'd drop in and see if any of us oldies are around and I find you and Lu. Although Lu I speak to everyday, I hardly ever hear from you Miss Jill.

Anyway, after reading your post I only have a couple of things to say.

First:  Iron - the only thing that has helped me is actual Iron Infusions.  I go in to the Cancer Center, they stick a needle in my arm, fill me full of Iron for 2 to 3 hours and send me home until next time.  I had that done for 4 months in a row and now I haven't had to go in over a year.  I am due for bloodwork very shortly though so we will see.  But I still think I'm ok.  Although a bit tired, I don't have the obssessive need to chew ice.  That is my key that iron is low.

Second: Teeth - I have always had bad teeth.  I had my first absess when I was 2 years old.  I knew I was destined to lose all my teeth and I'm right there with you Jillie.  Dentures.  They suck by the way (and not in a good way).  So as you said to everyone...TAKE CARE OF YOUR TEETH and take your calcium.  Granted I had other issues including my bout with cancer and chemo but I do believe it was lack of nutritional adherance that really hastened my dental problems.

OK, I'm done.  Now I shall probably go away for another 6 months or so.  Tax season is over until January so I'm floating around till then. 

Jillie, Mike and I miss you.  We have moved and you must plan to come down to visit us sometime.  If you do, I'll try to get some of the old gang to all get together.  It would be so great to see some of you again. Not all of you though.  LOL  Just kidding.

Love ya Jillie,
Steph
Most Active