East Bay Bariatric has a NEW MTG LOCATION... No longer at San Leandro Hosp.

Kimberlee M.
on 1/9/13 7:19 am - Alameda, CA

Hello CA Board,

On December 27, 2012, we (East Bay Bariatric Support Group) received shocking news that San Leandro Hospital was removing ALL of their support groups, including ours effective immediately.  March 2013 would have been our 12th anniversary meeting there so it has been quite the routine. 

After a big scramble to find a new free space for us on a monthly basis, I am delighted to post that the Alameda Hospital has graciously agreed to provide meeting space for us for free through 2013 beginning this month on January 19.  Phew!  We will continue to meet on the third Saturday of the month, HOWEVER, please note the change in our start times (due to another group meeting there until 1:30 p.m.):

2013 Dates (3rd Saturday of the Month)
January 19, February 16, March 16, April 20, May 18, June 15,
July 20, August 17, September 21, October 19*, November 16, December 21

Times
2:00 - 2:30 p.m.: Pre-op & Newbies Q&A  /  2:30 - 4 p.m.: Everyone

**New Location**
Alameda Hospital, Conf. Room C (near ER)
2070 Clinton Avenue, Alameda, CA 94501
Main No.: 510.522.3700

Please take a moment and share this news with any bariatric patients (new and veterans) in the Bay Area you know so they are in the loop.  Also share with your doctor's office.  We really need you to help get the word out quickly that we are no longer at the San Leandro Hospital.  It would be terrible to have someone go there and we're in another town!  Help that not happen. 

Since this is a new location for all of us, please allow extra time to find the hospital, parking and the room itself. If you can arrive by 1:45 to help me set up the room, I surely would appreciate that.  If you are not familiar with Alameda, please Google Map that address or feel free to write to me for directions.  Alameda Hospital is in a fairly residential area, is a block away from South Shore Center, and about 2 or 3 long blocks from the beach.  It has free parking and non-metered street parking as well.  Consider walking the beach before or after our meeting.

I look forward to beginning this new chapter of our support group's history together,
=)
Kimberlee MacVicar, CC
Founder & Facilitator of East Bay Bariatric
Twitter: @EBayBariatric
Hotline: 510.522.2171
Web: www.EastBayBariatric.org

Join us: www.obesityhelp.com/group/ebwlsgroup_group

Most Active