My birthday and my "new" birthday

Joanne D.
on 5/19/03 7:26 am - Newington, CT
I celebrate my birthday on 5/22.... I celebrate my "new" birthday on 5/23 with my bypass surgery... I am a little nervous, but I am really excited. Things have moved really quickly for me. The first time that I saw Dr. Valin, my surgeon, was on 4/16. I called on 5/5, because there was a question, and I was told that my insurance company, Anthem BC/BS had approved me. My date was set for 5/23... It will only be 1 month and 1 week since my initial visit, and I will be new... I've been overweight all my life.... I am anxious to see how I react when I lose the weight. I can't picture myself thin. I've started a list of things that I want to do when I lose the weight -- ride a loop coaster (I love roller coasters). I want to take a helicopter ride over the Kilauea volcano in Hawaii... (Plan on going there in 2005 for 50th birthday 25th anniversary celebration with my husband). He wants to ride the donkeys down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon... Iffy about that one right now, but after I lose 200 lbs, I may feel different... I'm glad that I found this. I plan on checking it regularly now.
PookieW2
on 5/19/03 7:31 am - Milford, CT
Well Happy both birthdays!! I am sure life will be very different on your next set of birthdays. Good luck and our thoughts will be with you. I just know you will meet your goals and I am jealous!! Take care........
frostin_queen
on 5/19/03 9:41 am - stafford springs, ct
Happy Birthday to you!Good Luck on the 23rd! You are so lucky to have moved through so fast! I hope all your "birthday wishes" come true! Take Care and keep us posted on your progress!You will be in my prayers!
Liza B.
on 5/20/03 12:59 am - Ansonia, ct
Joanne~ Last year for my daughter and my birthday, we went to Lake Compounce. It was the first time since I became a "thin" person. I had the time of my life. We were there from sun up to sun down and it had to be one of the greatest days of my life. I felt young, healthy, beautiful and thin. It was an amazing day. I wish for you that you can feel the same way with your next trip to an amusement park. Best wishes for a great re-birthday!!! MUAH!!
Most Active
Recent Topics