3 1/2 yr Post Op

Melody B.
on 6/22/03 2:55 pm - Litchfield, CT
Hello all, my name is Melody and I had open RNY done on Nove 10, 1999 by DR Reinhold in New Haven. I started out at 272, got down to 166 and am currently hovering around the 200-205 range (still don't like scales) One of the reasons I am here is because i am VERY UNHAPPY with my loss, I do not feel like a success at all. The only good thing that has come of all this is I have another little girl that was born on Nov 25, 2002. I want to lose my weight again, but can not seem to get my ass moving. I am truly considering going into a new doc and seeing if there is something wrong with me. I still can not eat like before, but I am still FAT> It drives me nuts. I have all this icky hanging skin everywhere, and it is NASTY. I was looking for any PTS of DR Macatol, he is closer to me than traveling back and forth to New Haven. So if any one could let me in on him, and his office I would really love the help. Thanks in advance. Mel
Liza B.
on 6/22/03 8:04 pm - Ansonia, ct
Melody~ I'm sorry to hear you are having a tough time. Congratulations on the loss you have had. I can certainly understand the fear of gaining weight and being fearful of not being able to lose anymore. As far as Dr. Macatol, I work with a lot of patients of Dr. Macatol. The mostly all seem to love him. He's got a wonderful bedside manner and treats his patients as people he cares about, not just a patient. He has been kind enough to allow us to use his reception area to hold support group meetings. (Although we have now moved to a bigger location b/c member ship has exploded). My group is soley owned by me though and the only input Dr. Macatol really puts in is to answer medical questions if someone has one. He's really good about that. Most of the patients of his that I've spoken with have been highly satisfied with him. He has 2 offices, one in Torrington and one in Waterbury and his secretary's name is Joyce. She's a doll. FiNally, the last thing I can tell you about him, is that I used him to do my TT. His after care was impecable and so wonderful. He even came to my house on a Saturday night at 8pm, drove all the way from Waterbury down to Ansonia where I live, just to check on my incisions and drains. Now that's some bedside manner! Anyhow, I hope some of this information helps and if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to email [email protected]. MUAH!!
Most Active
Recent Topics