Owning It

Tammy M
on 3/31/10 2:04 am - Somers, CT
When I was a size 24 - and I would buy a size 24 item of clothing or a 3X and it would be "snug" I would say - "Oh this is cut small - I am not that BIG" - Now that I am on my way down - when I fit into a smaller size clothing I am saying "Oh this must be cut big" - Today I put on a size 14 pair of pants and in my mind I am thinking - these are cut big and I am really not a size 14 yet - and for the most part I am not - but the fact is - I am wearing a pair of pants with a tag that says size 14 on them - why aren't I owning this? Will I ever be honest with what size I am and own it?

It feels good to be on the way down - however, I have been STALLED for almost 3 weeks now - and I have to honestly look at what I've been doing... I know I've not be exercising enough - so I'm going to up that - all in all I'm doing well and very appreciative for this choice I made!
Warm Regards - Tammy -
Lilypie - (dOEW)preview image

Nancy O.
on 3/31/10 9:37 am - Old Lyme, CT
 Tammy, you are doing a great job! Own it and be proud of it! 

Nancy

71 lb lost pre-op   Abdominoplasty & Panniculectomy Dec 4th, 2009
Tammy M
on 4/2/10 10:57 am - Somers, CT
Thanks Nancy! I'm scared to see Dr. R - he wanted me down 18 pounds by the next time I see him and I'm only down 4 and I only have 2 weeks before my appointment... I don't want to face him and feel like a failure when I feel so good most of the time... he is very brutal!
Warm Regards - Tammy -

maboots
on 3/31/10 10:47 pm
Tammy, I think it is normal to feel this way.  I was in the process of ordering a new dress.  I have never been a fan of catalog ordering, but love this dress.  I like to try on before purchasing!  Anyway according to the size chart I am a medium.... OMG I have NEVER been a medium!  I cannot even imagine that a medium will fit and just want to order a large ... because why???  I too am having trouble with owning these weight related things.
Tammy M
on 4/2/10 10:57 am - Somers, CT
Congratulations a MEDIUM - how very cool! Flaunt it and enjoy it!

Warm Regards - Tammy -

Most Active
Recent Topics