Plastic Surgeon Recs?

BradysMom
on 1/20/11 9:03 am - On the Beach, CT
Hi everyone- I was active on this board years ago but once you're able to live and enjoy it, life gets in the way :-)  I had my surgery 4 1/2 years ago (my surgiversary is July 2007) and have maintained my 120 pound loss, +/- 10 pounds but for the most part I'm right were I want to be.  I gave birth to baby #2 on December 14th, and this pregnancy was completely opposite from my 1st in 2005.  Completely opposite as in my 1st I had high BP, developed pre-eclampsia and HELLP syndrome and I am lucky to be here telling you this.  This pregnancy was completely uneventful, I gained a total of 15 pounds (certainly wasn't because I was starving myself... quite the opposite) and she was born 4 hours before her scheduled c-section happy and healthy.  She's now 5 weeks old and I am ready to start researching my final part of the journey, plastic surgery to remove the huge belly that remains.  I would also like to get the boobs lifted, they took quite a hit with the weight loss and are like tube socks with tennis balls in them.  But my biggest thing is the belly, if I had to choose that would be my 1st pick to get done.  Especially now with the c-section, my belly hangs over the incision and I can shower every day, it still gets a bit stinky and never completely dries.

So, I live in Stratford and am willing to go just about anywhere.  I have heard good things about Dr. Goodkind, but I don't remember where he is located.  Someone gave me a recommendation for a PS in the New Haven area, but I can't for the life of me remember who it is as it was quite awhile ago.  I would prefer to have someone that will entertain the idea of working with my insurance, I do have benefits for plasic surgery as long as it is deemed medically necessary vs. cosmetic.  I seem to recall that having WLS was a good argument for medical necessity with my insurance, but I'm sure that I can get my PCP and my OB/Gyn to go up to bat for me about medical necessity.  I met with one PS in Darien and he didn't work with insurance at all, so he was out.  Wouldn't even entertain the idea.

So, any suggestions that you might have would be great.  Thanks everyone!
maboots
on 1/23/11 10:45 pm
Hi ... Congratulations to you on the birth of your baby and your wonderful success with your WLS!  I had my RNY in May 2009 and just about six weeks ago had PS ( a full tummy tuck)  My PS was Dr. Richard Restifo, he has an office in New Haven and in Wilton Connecticut.  I highly recommend him.  He and his office staff were and still are absolutely WONDERFUL!  Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding him.   If you google him he as a website where many of your questions/concerns can be answered.  Good luck.
dragonfly2005
on 1/26/11 9:20 am - CT
RNY on 01/24/11 with
Dr. Borkowski- fabulous but he is in Middletown.  I did not go through insurance so I don't  know about that.  I had WLS in 2005 and PS in 2006 then my third baby (who thought I would ever fall in love again) in 2009.  Everything still looks good.  I had my arms and chest done and then a full lower body.  Your story sounds very similar.  I was huge for my first 2 kids, couldn't even get a weight because the scale did not go up that high.  Third kid I also gained 15 pounds and lost it right away.  Too bad for me I have gained back 30 all on my own.  Oh well, we all have our own struggles.  Good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics